Monday, December 27, 2010

Twas the Night of Thanksgiving

Author unknown

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards; I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.

So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

Gobbled up the turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees ...
Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty; may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize;
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.
May your Thanksgiving be blessed!

No comments: