Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Precious Gems

Ladies, thanks for your permission to include your children's cute quotes and experiences as mommies in Heart to Heart!

"You know you have an infant when ... you can't remember the last time you brushed your teeth ... getting a shower is a MAJOR accomplishment ... you're fixing yourself breakfast and realize you've inadvertently started patting the tub of margarine ..." ~ Lori in the Czech Republic

My oldest son likes to sneak up behind me but I always seem to hear his foot steps or catch him in my perifiral vision. So... ME: Jojo, don't you know I have eyes on the back of my head? JOJO: What??? Oh man!!! ~ Darlene in Thailand

From 4 year old Raylie's Mother's Day tea at school:  The children sang, "Happy Mother's Day to You," to the tune of "Happy Birthday."  Later we were singing it at home.  Raylie would point to me as she sang the words, "to Mommy" and "to you."  But as I pointed to myself, she stopped and said, "No, Mommy!  When you sing you need to point up!"  She knew my mom is already in heaven. ~ Julie in Washington

"What happened to my birthday?  It disappeared!  My birthday disappeared!!!" ~ from Karis (2), who has been impatiently waiting for her third birthday (next weekend) ever since her cousin's party a couple weeks ago :) ~ Meagan in North Carolina 

Last night I made the girls Mac 'n cheese ( we had fish and they won't eat it).  Karlie (7) says, Mom this will be the last time you make Mac 'n cheese."  I asked why and she said, "Well, tomorrow is Thursday - your surgery."  (I was like,  "WHAT?!!!")  She said, "Well you won't feel like like making it for awhile."  OK.  The girls and Mike made me a card, and Mike wrote, "Don't worry!  You will live to make Mac 'n cheese again!"  Just cute, I had to share. ~ Julie in Washington

Today's nugget of wisdom from Andrew:  While doing his math he says, "No wonder I have such an odd life!  I'm 7, and 7 is an odd number!"  Can't argue with that! ~ Stefanie in Delaware

Quote of the day from Karis (3), said with much happiness and excitement: "I'm going to have a girl baby in my belly when I grow up and marry Daddy!" ~ Meagan in North Carolina

I overheard Gracie (7) saying to her stuffed animal after bathing him: "I'm sticking you in the dryer. Don't backtalk me - I worked hard to buy you.  I'm your authority and you must obey me."  I had to giggle out loud. :) ~ Penny in Virginia

My granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth (2) got a splinter in her foot and said right away, "Mommy, I NEED to watch Dora!  Dora will make me feel better!" ~ Lois

My 6-year old drew a "beautiful" picture of a girl with an arrow pointing to the sky and the word, "heaven."  When I asked her about the picture, she said, "That's me! I'm going to heaven when I die because I asked Jesus to be my Savior.  I asked Him to save me because I have many sins." She had raised her hand during Bible school and prayed to accept Christ. I wish I could have been there (like I was for my 3 sons), but I'm glad she responded to God's prompting. ~ Rachel in Philippines/Virginia

Tonight Madelyn (3) got a cut on her foot and it was bleeding. She started crying and said, "Mama, I'm spilling out!" ~ Liz in Washington

Jacob (8): "Mommy, you are infinity Oreo filling. And that is better than double!" ~ Elaine in Virginia 

Note from Lois: It is so much fun now that our youngest grandchild, Daniel, who recently turned two, is starting to say cute things.  Here are a few that his mommy told me in the last month:

Daniel, (2) is starting to fight sleep.  When I rock him, I sing to him or tell him stories (after we've read books).  After I turn off the light and he starts to get really tired, he gets stubborn and starts saying, "No rocking, Mommy."  "No singing, Mommy."  "No touching, Mommy."  I think he knows these things are helping him get sleepy so he wants me to stop, but usually he falls asleep a few minutes after giving me these orders.  I have a hard time not laughing, but sometimes I'm pretty tired myself.  ~ Rachael in Ohio

When Daniel (just turned 2) saw the picture of his Paw Paw and his look-alike brother, Art, together, he said, "Two ones!"  Then he said, "Two Paw Paws!" ~ Rachael in Ohio

When Daniel (just turned 2) saw the picture of his daddy's cousin, Carol, walking down the aisle at her wedding, he said, "Pretty dress." ~ Rachael in Ohio  (Of course, his mommie has been in the bridal shoppe business for years --part time now and mostly from home and only a very few hours per week now, so Daniel knows a pretty dress when he sees one! 

We just spent almost a week with Daniel and his parents.  Yesterday although we said good-bye to him before we left at 7 a.m., when he awoke from his nap, he looked for us all around the house saying, "Grammie?  Paw Paw?"  When his mommie reminded him that we had gone home that morning, he mentioned the town 20-30 minutes away, asking if that's where we went.  She said, "No, they went home to Virginia."  Then he said sadly, "Ohhhhhh, my friends goed!"  When he's disappointed in something, he says, "Oh^h^h^h^h^h," starting in a low tone and rising to a graduated higher tone.  It's so hard not to laugh!  But that's so much sweeter than a temper tantrum which we haven't seen yet!

No comments: