Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Precious Gems

 Thanks to these ladies for their permission to include these Precious Gems in Heart to Heart.  All of you are welcome to send cute kids' quotes to be considered for this newsletter.  They can be current or from years ago.

On Sunday, during communion, the 3 year old little girl that I keep asked me, "Why does that juice make everyone go to sleep?"  She was watching and when people received their communion, they bowed their heads to pray and she thought that the juice was putting them to sleep. ~ Elizabeth

Gracie (7): "Josh, I'll give you $1 to put this Tobasco sauce on your tongue."  Joshua (9) does it and then painfully says, "Gracie, will you get me some water ..... pleeeaaase!  I'll give your dollar back!"  ~ Penny in Virginia

Do you know why I love 2 year-olds? They are so stinking hilarious!  So yesterday, we were driving with a friend in our van......a very lovely 2 year-old friend.  Autumn was riding with us in the second seat beside Natalie.  Ben was riding in the very back and was not all to pleased about being so far away from the action or the conversation that the girls were having.   I’m not really sure how it started, but Ben was yelling something and Autumn says, “Ben no shout!” to which Ben replies, “WHAT?” And Autumn says, “Ben NO shout”…..  Ben:  “WHAT?”  Autumn:  “BEN NO SHOUT!”  And pretty soon they are both shouting at each other!  And I’m driving down the road laughing so hard I’m almost crying!  I love 2 year-olds! ~ Sarah in Virginia

This morning Madelyn (3) was playing with her ponies.  She said, "Mom, these ponies have lots of babies. They are Duggar ponies!" ~ Liz in Washington

At Daniel's two year checkup, while he was sitting on my lap, the doctor was checking his ears.  She was whistling and said something about having birdies in his ears.  He was really cooperative so I think she knew that would distract him.  After we got home, for days he kept saying, "I have a bird in my ear," and it seemed to really bother him.  Well, Daniel kept talking about it, so one evening as his daddy was putting up a new bluebird house he had just built, he told Daniel to come outside with him.  He asked Daniel if he'd like to put his ear up to the birdhouse hole and let the bird in his ear fly in.  He did and that was the end of his worries about the bird in his ear! ~ Rachael in Ohio

Daniel (26 mo.) was looking out the new sliding glass doors and said, "It stopped raining!  Birds all clean!  There's one!   I catch him in my bug net!" ~ Rachael in Ohio 

My daughter was talking to her son, Justin (7), about upcoming Father's Day, when he interrupted her saying, "Wait!  Mother's Day --- Father's Day --- Is there a Kid Appreciation Day?  Do we get appreciated?"  (Justin's got a point here!  I do remember when I was a kid how Children's Day was celebrated as well, and often wondered what happened to that holiday. - Lois)

No comments: