Thursday, December 30, 2010

Precious Gems

I love all of these precious gems from your precious little ones!  Thanks for your permission to include them!


I woke up this morning to my kids perched on the end of my bed cheerfully yelling: "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOOOO!!!"   :-)  They thought it was hilarious... and it was! ~ Tiffany in Colorado

Owen (age 3 1/2) told his mom, Rebecca, that he wanted two brothers.. So, she asked him if he thought they should get them from another place, instead of from mommy's tummy (adopt) and he looked up at her with a confused face and said "Well Mommy, we would get them from God, of course." ~ Barb in Mississippi

My friend, Alyson, is participating in an evangelism class at church. The class has you memorize scripture and an outline to walk you through sharing the Gospel. After picking her son, Tyler (age 6) up from school, Alyson decided to practice on the drive home. So she asked the key question, "Tyler, in your personal opinion, what does it take for a person to have eternal life and go to Heaven?" Tyler pondered the question for a bit and then replied, "Well, Mommy, first... you have to die."  ~  Barb in Mississippi


While homeschooling, we were in the middle of doing math and I asked Joshua, 9, a question.  Gracie, 7, started to
answer for him and I told her that Joshua can answer for himself.  He said, "Gracie, I'm not Moses and you're not his brother so I don't need you speaking for me."  ~ Penny in Virginia

Elise, our five year old (who can't read yet), loves to lay on the couch with her big sister Laura and "read" chapter books. A couple days ago she was lying there, turning pages every few seconds, and started laughing out loud and said, "This part is SO funny!" ~ Tracy in Ecuador

After helping a lady at the grocery store Joshua says to me, "Mama, you sure do make a difference in people's lives and in the world." At a time when I think my insecurities have rendered me useless, God graciously whispers through my son that He delights in me.  ~ Penny in Virginia

From Becca in India ~ Dear Sister Lois, Greetings in the precious name of Jesus! Hope you are doing well! I want to say again, "I really enjoy your updates!" It is a refreshing time to be able to read the stories you have put together!  Just a short time ago, our young 3 1/2 year old Judson was supposed to be going to sleep. He wanted to sleep in the bed with Mommy and daddy but we told him, No!" and that he needed to sleep on the floor!  As he was lying there very heartbroken, he had a question... "Daddy, why do you always like mommy?" We thought it was so cute and I was so proud because he could see that my dear husband really loves me and shows it so the kids see it!  My husband was born in India and then later came to America to go to Bible School. We met in the states and then we felt called to India to work among the unreached people here close to where my husband grew up! We have been here since 1998. The Lord has blessed us in many ways and it is so exciting to see His hand at work!  Thanks so much for your updates that encourage me as I do not get a lot of magazines and so on! Blessings to you! 

No comments: