Friday, December 31, 2010

Precious Gems from Little Ones


Here’s a cute saying from my granddaughter:  My daughter and granddaughter were talking about the death of my mother this summer. My daughter said to her, “Remember when Daddy’s grandma died? That is the same now with your other great grandma” to which my granddaughter became very sad, then replied, “Now I have two broken hearts!” ~ Sharon in New Jersey


We have a funny child training story to send: We have a wood-burning stove (our only heating) in the center of our living room, so we train each of our babies not to touch the stove or the rock slab that it sits on.  My youngest has started crawling, so we've started training.  The first time she touched the rock, I said, "No" and gently swatted the back of her hand with my finger.  She cried, but touched the rock again, and we repeated the process three or four times until she gave up and found something else to do.  The next day, she touched the rock, I swatted her hand once, and she cried but didn't touch it again.  The third day, she crawled over to the rock slab, stopped and looked at it, then plopped herself down and started crying.  Apparently she figured she would save time!  (That was two months ago, and she leaves the rock alone now without crying!) ~ Lisa in California

Christy in North Carolina says, "I cannot believe Cydney is 7 months old!   I was explaining to Caleigh, 5, that I wanted them BOTH to stop growing up so fast.  She in all her wisdom tells me, 'I don't have that kind of 'trole' (later determined this was 'control), but God does and if you tell Him to not let us grow, He won't listen to you.'  Maybe she should be homeschooling me??

Our two year old granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth, is a Mama's girl as well as a definite girly girl.  Recently she started with temper tantrums, and when she has an "episode," she cries loudly, "I want Daddy My Daddy!!!"  She loves the word, "my!"  So her Mama gives "Daddy" a call and that instantly solves the problem! 


A couple weeks ago, our daughter called, saying, "Ryan came into the room saying she wanted to talk to Grammie and PawPaw."  Of course, that warmed our hearts as we listened to her sing several songs and jabber away! ~ Lois

No comments: