Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Flea Remedy

 This is an excerpt from Mary Hunt's article, Five Clever Ways to Cut Pet Costs - found in her Everyday Cheapskates Newsletter - www.DebtProofLiving.com - Used by permission


"For over thirty years, I've treated my dogs for fleas and never had a single flea enter our lives. I use Brewers Yeast with Garlic. You can purchase the pills at any reputable pet store, or stores like Wal-Mart and Petco. I buy the large economy size because it must be consumed daily, and I have three dogs. There are no harsh chemicals and the dogs do not smell of garlic. There are added health benefits to both garlic and yeast, so it is my choice over chemical flea treatments. Barbara, Colorado."

A friend of mine to whom I sent this said: "The Brewer's Yeast with Garlic is interesting. If it works it could save a BUNDLE because Frontline is expensive.  I may try it.  My doctor just told me the best remedy for preventing bug bites on humans is fresh garlic. So there may be something to this.  Hopefully this tip will help many of you save money to use toward other needed purchases!

No comments: