Friday, December 31, 2010

Precious Gems

From Sarah in Virginia:
This morning while I was in the shower, Natalie, 2, came in the bathroom and asked me if she could get dressed.  I said, “Sure, you can have clean clothes in the laundry basket in Ben's room."
After a few minutes I heard her fussing and we had the following conversation:
Me: "Natalie, what's the matter?"
Natalie: "No, Mommy, not matter ..." 
Me:  "OK, what's wrong?"
Natalie: "I can't get dressed."
I offered to help her when I was done with my shower and she replied, “No Mommy instruct it."
It took me a minute…..what in the world was “instruct it” and then I understood what she wanted.
Me: "Do you want Mommy to give you instructions?" 
Natalie:  “YES!!!"
So I gave her play by play instructions on how to put on her dress…..and she followed them and in the end her dress was on and she was a happy “instruct it” camper!

From Sharon in California ~ I'm laughing at Monica, 2, who has a sudden fascination with wanting to be a ballerina, except that she keeps saying "diarrheena."

From Julie in Washington ~ My office is on the other side of the dining room, and I was hearing something being banged on the wall, so I said "Karlie, Karlie Karlie," then paused and called, "Raylie, Raylie, Raylie, is that you banging on the wall?"  Then I hear a reply from Raylie, 3, saying, "No, it's Karlie!" (her 6 year old sister)  What a little stinker!

According to the dentist, age six is when you lose your first tooth.  My grandson, Justin, has been saying for the past half year, "I'm 6 now.  Why do I have all my teeth?"  Well, he got a loose tooth now, so he's happy!  I wonder if he will be saying the same thing when he's 96 years old? ~ Lois

No comments: