Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Subscriber Comments


Andrea Spears in Virginia replied to last month's encouragement to moms (June, 2010 issue), and since I know she isn't the only young mom who feels this way, I asked if I may include her reply in this newsletter, so here it is!



"I haven't gotten to read this newsletter in its entirety yet, but I wanted to thank you for your bit of encouragement to mothers in the beginning portion.  It meant so much to me.  I have been praying lately that the Lord would give me abundant joy as a mother.  I want to spend my days content with where I am rather than just trying to get by when things seem difficult.  I do realize that I will look back and recall these days (although at times difficult), as some of my best days.  Yesterday I was in the restroom and both children were by my side.  It occurred to me that I never even use the restroom in private!  There are times that I wish someone would just take them from me for a few hours to give me a break, but whenever they are gone (out on a walk with dad or with grandparents), there is an eerie silence in the house. I am so used to the music of their little feet.  I know there will come a day when it's all over so for now I want to take it all in and try to enjoy it as much as possible.  Thank you so much for the reminder.  As always, I look forward to reading the rest of the newsletter! ~ With love - Andrea"

I really appreciate Andrea taking the time to write and share her heartfelt feelings as a mom!  I know there is not a mother anywhere who has not felt those same feelings.  I remember many afternoons as I tried to get dinner ready as a young mom, I would have at least one toddler hanging onto my legs, begging to be picked up!  They don't call the hour between 4 and 5 "Arsenic Hour" for nothing!  : ) ~ Lois





from Vickie Butterfield in Idaho - Used by permission
        I want to thank you for the Reassurance prayer/poem in this newsletter (shown below from 2/4/10).  I definitely needed this as both of our older sons joined the Army and have moved in opposite directions of home far far away.  They both left, taking their families with them of course (meaning 5 of the grandkids too) -- in the same week.  But it has been tough on this ole mom to have them far away and no longer in the same town with us.  This prayer/poem is just what I needed, even if they are no longer children but grown men of 30 and 29.

        Thank you for your wonderful newsletters.  I look forward to reading them each week.  They are uplifting and encouraging.  I share many thoughts, ideas, poems, from them with family and friends and have encouraged them to sign up for their own copies. Thanks for all you do :) 

No comments: