Friday, December 31, 2010

Memorization Tips / Spell Cheque

MEMORIZATION TIPS
 
The Great Lakes ~ When I was teaching my kids the Great Lakes, I told them to remember the word, "HOMES" (Lake Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, and Superior).  They learned them in quick time. ~ A great tip from Debbie Klinect in Florida! 
If you want to learn them in order from west to east (left to right), learn the sentence, "Sam's Horse Must Eat Oats."
(Lake Superior, Huron, Michigan, Erie and Ontario).

SPELL CHEQUE
Author unknown  (The English language can be confusing with different spellings and meanings!  Just read this and see!) Please read the complete left column first, then the second column.  I try to squeeze everything into less pages if possible.  For a great test of the proper use of the English language, have your children correct this poem.  Or do it yourself!
 
   Eye halve a spelling chequer                                  
As soon as a mist ache is maid

   It came with my pea sea                                          
It nose bee fore two long     

   It plainly marques four my revue                             
And eye can put the error rite

   Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.                                 
Its rare lea ever wrong.
 
   Eye strike a key and type a word                           
Eye have run this poem threw it

   And weight four it two say                                        
I am shore your pleased two no   

   Weather eye am wrong oar write                           
Its letter perfect awl the weigh  

   It shows me strait a weigh.                                      
My chequer tolled me sew.

No comments: