Saturday, January 15, 2011

God's Loving Intervention to a Broken Heart

from a very dear and precious "Heart to Heart" friend
Used by permission

 
      A few weeks ago, I was at home, with the radio and TV off.  It was very quiet.   I was standing at the sink when I was overwhelmed by the thought of my husband who has been unfaithful to me for more than a year and left me to be with a younger woman.  I was so distraught and began sobbing.  Out loud I prayed to the Lord to take away these thoughts and
just let me think of the Lord and all His glory.
     "Please Lord, help me think only of you!" I cried out loud.  It was quiet for a few seconds.  Then I heard this little parrot voice, loud and clear, say, "Jesus loves you!"  I knew instantly the Lord was speaking to me through my parrot!  I've been trying to teach her the song, "Jesus Loves Me," for several months.  She sometimes gets it mixed up with "God Bless America."  Sometimes it'll come out, " Jesus loves me, I know, I know ... America!"  I've never heard her say, "Jesus loves YOU" before.  And if the TV or radio had been on, I probably would have never heard her because she's always chattering and I don't listen that closely especially with the TV or radio on.  It made me laugh and I said, "You are an awesome God!"  The rest of the day I didn't think of the two people who have hurt me so much.  The rest of the day was good.

No comments: