Friday, January 21, 2011

Practical Tips to Fight Stress

compiled by Lois Breneman - 2006

Cut Down on Unwanted Mail: Eliminate 90% or More of Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers: 888-567-8688 or www.optoutprescreen.com     To exercise your right to Opt-Out of firm offers of credit and insurance, you'll be asked to provide your personal information (name, address, social security number and date of birth, but the last two are no required.
 
Unwanted Telemarketers' Calls - Remove your name: www.donotcall.gov or call 888-383-1222

Get a Free Annual Credit Report: www.annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228

Find a Zip Code - Just type in any address at  http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

Cloth Baby Carrier - The latest research says that parents should not let babies cry a lot.  Pick them up and cuddle them!  Through the years this advice has bounced back and forth, but consoling a crying baby is what I had always thought was best.  In fact, I used to rock my babies to sleep for naptimes and bedtimes as long as they would allow it.  When my babies were fussy, and I needed to do things around the house, I used a soft cloth baby carrier (no metal bars) to give security to my little ones and get housework done at the same time.  It was a lifesaver while trying to get dinner ready, often an hour when babies get fussy.  I've even heard that hour referred to as "arsenic hour," because of moms wanting to pull out their hair in all the frustration.  A baby carrier will help alleviate the stress.  The baby carrier I used was designed to carry a baby either in the front or the back.  It was also great for shopping, hiking or walking around the neighborhood, while at the same time giving the baby close contact with mother or daddy.  There are many brands of baby carriers available these days - a lot more than when my children were babies!  Do a search to find a good one or check out yard sales or consignment shops such as Once Upon A Child for a used baby carrier.  I saved ours for the grandchildren!

No comments: