Friday, January 21, 2011

Great Mommy Tips from a Mother of Four

from Regina Landis
 
Relaxation for Mom and Playtime for Children - All at the Same Time!
Here is something I have done when my children were little:  When Mom is weary and wishes to rest, and the little ones seem to have lots of energy, I would lie on the floor, with a comfy pillow under my head, and put my arms out. The children would then drive small plastic vehicles, tractors, etc. up my arms and across my back, you can even prop your feet up on a chair, so they can go up the "hill."  I have been surprised how long they will play this.  It can be relaxing and you get a back rub to boot! 
 
Helping to Combat Sibling Rivalry
Also, to combat sibling rivalry, each child has their "week."  It is their turn to go first, pick a game, sit by mom, do the dishes, whatever was causing a squabble. This way, they each get a turn to be first, and it seems to help their respect of each other - "It's his turn, etc." No, it hasn't solved everything, but has helped a LOT in our family!

No comments: