Thursday, January 20, 2011

Some Favorite Kids' Quotes from Grandkids

Thanks to Karen Coughlin in Florida for sending this!
         A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond.  I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard.  We rode our pony.  We picked wild raspberries in the woods."
        The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this in.  At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
  
A young grandson called to wish his grandma a Happy Birthday.  He asked how old she was, and she told him, "62."  He was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

        After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair.  As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin.  At last she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings.  As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her.  I would point out something and ask what color it was.  She would tell me, and always she was correct.  But it was fun for me, so I continued.  At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects.  Still, a few fireflies followed  us in.  Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use, Grandpa.  The mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

When a grandson asked his grandma how old she was, she teasingly replied, "I'm not sure."
 "Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised.  "Mine says I'm 4-6."

     A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids home on e day when a fire truck zoomed past.  Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog.  The children started discussing the dog's duties.  They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster.
      "No, said another, "he's just for good luck."  A third child brought the argument to a close.  "They use the dogs", she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant!"

Children's Logic:  "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. 
The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant."
The teacher took the lad aside to correct him: "Don't you know what pregnant means?"        
Sure," said the young boy confidently.  "It means carrying a child."

A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies  today."
        The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool.  "That's interesting," she said, "How do you make babies?" 
        "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add "es.' "

No comments: