Friday, January 21, 2011

Out of the Mouths of These Three Precious Boys


2006:
Stefanie in Delaware tells two stories about her 3 year old son, Andrew:

He put me in my place the other day.  He was trying to put on my sunglasses.  I told him that they were not for little boys - they were for ladies.  He said, "But, you are not a lady, you're a mommy!"   
 
This morning I said that I kept having a song in my head that my 6 year old had been singing.  Andrew, my 3 year old, said that he didn't have a song in his head, he just had blonde hair. 
 
Elaine in Pennsylvania tells how she was grocery shopping with her almost 3 year old grandson riding in the cart.  Since Andrew is very picky about what he will eat, he doesn't get candy often, but he thought he'd give his Nana a try, asking her, "Can we buy candy?"  She said, "Sure.  You can get out of the cart and choose the kind you want."  He chose Milky Way balls.  When they got home, Nana cooked him a healthy lunch, but he said he wasn't hungry for that - he wanted the candy instead!  Nana got right down in his face and told him, "Nana is going to really get angry if you don't eat your lunch!"  As he often does when he is thinking, he slid his finger up along side of his face, and looking up at his Nana with his big brown eyes said, "Well, I have an idea!  You can get angry and I'll go play!"  At that point his Nana asked him, "Do you know what 'angry' means?"  To which Andrew said, "Well, I don't think so."
 
Three more cute quotes from Donna Kauffman's newsletter, Treasures of the Heart, which she used to send - rdkauffman@alltel.net - Blog: http://treasuresbooks.blogspot.com/ - Web: http://treasuresbooks.bravehost.com - Permission given.
My son came crying into my room one early morning. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I spilled my face!" I didn't realize what he meant until I saw that he had thrown up! ~ April, mom of 3

Our family was at a Fall Festival and while a man was sharing a devotional several other men brought in the roasted pig and laid it on the table. The shop was pretty quiet at the time, when Jenson, then 2 1/2, rather loudly proclaimed, "That's a big chicken!" There were lots of people who got to enjoy that "chicken" that night!
Also when Jenson was 2 1/2, during prayer in our family devotions, he said, “Thank you for making our sins so they're not sins.”  What a precious perspective of God's love and forgiveness for us.  ~ Annette, mother of 3 boys
. 18:4

No comments: