Friday, January 21, 2011

Precious Gems

2006
These kids' quotes were all sent by "Heart to Heart" ladies.  Please send yours to share!  Thanks!
 
Quote from an anonymous "Heart to Heart" lady:
While in the swimming pool with my little grandson, he looked at a skin tag on my body and said, "You have a button here!"  Then he told me, "You are all bumpy and scaly!"  But that's not all.  Later he looked at my thigh and whispered, "Spider!"   Well, I still love the sweet little guy!
 
Thanks to Barb in Mississippi for sending this quote, which is perfect to follow the one above!
A two-and-a-half-year-old walked into the bathroom while her mother was putting on make-up.
"I'm going to look just like you, Mommy!" she announced.
"Maybe, when you grow up," her mother told her.
"No Mommy, tomorrow.  I just put on that 'Oil of Old Lady' you always use."
 
Thanks to Debbie in Michigan for sending this one:
Our family has a pet hamster that the children named "Muffin."  One morning, I offered my two-and-a-half-year-old son, Malachi, a muffin (something he had never had before).  He looked at his plate with a terrified and confused look, and said "Muffin? This is muffin?!"
 
Thanks to Linda in Pennsylvania for sending these two kids' quotes:
        After one particularly cold winter all the adults in our family were looking forward to spring. We could hardly wait. Finally the 'big day' was about to arrive. That night I tucked our five year old son, Dave, into bed. I told him, "Tomorrow is the first day of spring!" The next morning he hurried to the window and looked outside. Then he looked at me and was quite disappointed when he said, "I don't see any springs."
        Our four year old son, Dan, had a similar experience. One morning I commented, "My goodness, but it's foggy outside!"  Dan looked outside and said, "I don't see any frogs."

No comments: