Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Precious Gems

August, 2011
(On the Fourth of July), after we made a cake, I told Savannah (3) it was America's birthday.  Savannah asked who America was.  After explaining that we live in America, she asked if her grandparents, the beach, and McDonald's were all in America.  When I said, "Yes," she replied. "Well, all of my favorite places are in America!"  That's right, kid! ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
My granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth, was asked one morning by her mom how she'd like her hair fixed (one ponytail, two ponytails, or what?)  Ryan answered, "I want a hamburger!"  Her mom had been fixing her hair in a "bun" lately before taking her to ballet class! ~ Lois
 
While Gracie (8) started talking about seeing Jesus: dying and seeing Jesus in heaven or not dying and meeting Him in the sky.  She wasn't crazy about either outlet.  She said she would get scared going up into the sky.  I told her that she could keep her eyes on Jesus.  Her remark was, "It didn't work for Peter...he fell into the water."  
"Yes, Gracie, but he took his eyes off of Jesus." ~ Penny in Virginia
 
Madelyn (4) told me today, "Mom, when I was a baby in your tummy I had to keep my nightlight on all of the time because it was dark in there." ~ Liz in Washington
 
Sara (4) woke up at 4 a.m. the other morning and came to bed.  She told me she was thinking about something and when I asked her what, she said, "Somebody that I love."  Of course, I asked her who that was and she said it was me :)  That melts a mommy's heart.  She then told me the next day that I am always on her mind.  I love my little girl :) ~ Renee in Virginia

Joshua just told us that his two favorite things in the whole world are God and History.  He said, "But we (America) are taking God out of history.  And, not only that, but do you know it's illegal to have the 10 Commandments in school?  What are we doing?  Our founding fathers founded us on God!  I am going to make sure the 10 Commandments isn't illegal!"  This from the mouth of an 11 year old! ~ Penny in Virginia

No comments: