Friday, July 1, 2011

Precious Gems



Ladies, thanks so much for your permission to include these precious gems!

After trying to kiss his friend, Olivia, and meeting some resistance, Austin (5) says to her, "Olivia, if you're going to grow up to be a mommy, you're going to have to learn to kiss boys." ~ Jennie in Ohio (Please say a prayer for Austin's little 3 year old sister, Ruby, that the Lord would touch her body.  Thanks!)

I pointed out two butterflies that were flying together in circles and Levi (7) said, "Oh, look!  They're out on a date!" ~ Lisa in Virginia 

Levi: "Why do people take newspapers into the bathroom?"
Mom: "I guess they want to catch up on their reading."
Very seriously, Levi says, "What does ketchup have to do with it?" ~ Lisa in Virginia

Alex (4): "I'm not scared of monsters.  I'm not afraid of anything!  Sissy, will you come with me?" ~ Amanda in Virginia

Yesterday afternoon the kids were all running around the house so I made them get books to sit and "read."  Isaiah (3) came in with his book, sat on the floor, opened it up and exclaimed, "Oh man!  I can't read!"  He just makes me laugh!!! ~ Mary in North Carolina

At the end of our vacation at the beach, our daughter, Joy, asked Ryan Elizabeth (3) what she enjoyed most about our time at the beach - the ocean, pool, doing crafts and things with Grammie and PawPaw, or shopping?  Ryan thought a while and simply said, "Our family all together!" ~ Lois

Daniel (3) showed me his boots as he said, "Did you know my boots have knee pads, Grammie?"  He was referring to the thick, padded "tongues" in his boots! ~ Lois

"Grandma, this is a forever hug that will last until I see you again, Rebekah (4) said at the airport at 5:00 this morning.  My heart is breaking, as this will be a four-year stint in India until the next furlough, unless the Lord directs otherwise, but my God is saying, "Be strong, and of good courage .... I will never leave you. I am here."  Life is a continual relinquishment, isn't it? Through the pain, the Lord calls me to press deeper into Him. And that's what it's all about. ~ Eileen in Virginia - www.eileenrife.com

(Note from Lois: Ladies, please pray for missionary families, as separation from their children, grandchildren, parents, and grandparents is often part of the sacrifice in being a missionary.)

No comments: