Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Ninety and Nine

by Phyllis V. Brokaw - 02-2010 - Used by permission

There were ninety and nine but that wasn't enough
for one of them was missing.

I won't come home as one is still lost and
continues to need my assisting.

Then I saw him astray, in the briars he lay,
on the brink of disaster I saw him,

At the edge of the cliff and about to drift,
into the abyss of sheer desolation.

I couldn't be heard o'er the tumult of life and
the sea of earth's utter distractions

So I quickly strode and firmly took hold and
gave him my total protection.

On My shoulders I carried him back to the fold and
oiled his wounds that lay open.

I then laid him down in my pastures green and
never a word was spoken.

But when he awoke and saw on My face
the depth of My love and compassion,

He cried in relief to Jehovah above and
pledged Him his total devotion.

He was saved by Grace through Faith in God's Son
And I think I heard angels rejoicing,

For once he was lost and now he is found!
What abundant and multiple blessings!

Come stand with My bride over here on My right
in the Lamb's Book of Life your name's written.

I've prepared you a room in My mansion above
and together you'll dwell with all nations.

You'll then reign with Me for eternity
in the House of the Lord forever!


Note from Lois:  Phyllis Brokaw Is a Titus 2 woman for sure!  She had opened up her home for many years, teaching younger women how to love their husbands, teach their children and be keepers at home.  I was one of those very blessed women, being under her teaching for thirteen years, as we learned from her Bible teaching, prayer time together and a pot luck lunch around her dining room table every Tuesday.  By her godly example the Lord led me to start sending the Heart to Heart Newsletter to younger women in 1999, but it reaches women of all ages now.  To God be the glory!

No comments: