Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Craft: Do-It-Yourself Framed Fabric

by Bethany Suhr in California - Used by permission
Tutorial in Photos: http://garrettandbeth.blogspot.com/2011/08/do-it-yourself-framed-fabric.html

Embroidery hoops + Pretty fabric = cheap, quick and round!

I can't recall where I originally saw this idea, but I've wanted to try it for a while.

Here's the quick how to:

Pick out some pretty fabrics. I just grabbed a couple of the small fabric quarters at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I think they were something like 99 cents a piece.
 
Then I picked up some embroidery hoops at a thrift store, ranging from 50 cents to a dollar a piece.

I laid each hoop on the selected fabric, and then cut a generous square out. Then I placed the fabric in the hoop, stretched it taut, and tightened the hoop down.


I then flipped the hoop over, and cut the excess fabric off with a sharp pair of fabric scissors. Flip it over.  Done!

This whole process took about 15 minutes. Tops. Cheap. Quick. Effective.

For more ideas on what you can do with embroidery hoops and fabric (like use it as a pinboard!), check out some of these creative crafts on Etsy!

No comments: