Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Couponing

At my request Stacy Harris in Virginia supplied this valuable information for all of us!  Thanks so much, Stacy!
 
There are several couponing sites that have lots of great information.  One of my favorites is www.moneysavingmom.com.  She is not just great at couponing but has great tips on being frugal and making wise choices with your money and resources.  She has a tab on her site at the top to search for coupons.  She tells you if it is one you can print or if it is available through a magazine or newspaper source.  
 
Another one that I really love is www.couponingtodisney.com.  She is great about matching up the sales at certain stores and recent coupons.  She also lists printable coupons.  She also has a great feature called "5 a day."  This is where she posts a link to 5 retailers' websites for you to contact.  If it is a product your family uses you can email them and let them know what you enjoy about their products and often they will mail you coupons to be used for future purchases.  I've been using this a lot lately and have gotten some really great coupons.  I've found that the companies really enjoy hearing from consumers and finding out what they like or don't like about the products they make.  It also helps me to find coupons for products my family really does use on a regular basis.  I try to not use a coupon on a product we don't regularly buy just to use a coupon unless its something we've been wanting to try. 
 
Another good one is www.mymilitarymommy.com.  This one is run by my cousin and she posts coupon match-ups with current coupons and sales. 
 
One I'm sure all your readers know about is www.southernsavers.com
 
Notes from Lois:  My daughter recently told me how their church organizes couponing for members as they work together to fill food pantries in the area, using coupon websites such as these!  The person in charge coordinates everything so manufacturer's coupons plus store sales double the savings for the church members purchasing food and supplies for the needy.
 
You may also find this article interesting!

No comments: