Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Precious Gems

These will make you smile, shed a tear, laugh out loud, or say, "Ahhhh!"  Please share your Precious Gems!

Thanks, ladies, for giving me permission to include these cute quotes!
 
On day #2 of kindergarten.....
Addison (5): "Mom, how many more days do we have to get up so early?" ~ Michelle in Virginia
 
Our grandson, Andrew (3) was given two mints as a reward.  His 6 year old brother, Daniel, said he'd like one.  Andrew promptly reached in his mouth and took out one of his mints, gladly giving it to his brother!  Now that's brotherly love! ~ Lois in Virginia
 
Our grandson, Andrew (3) was so sad that we were going home after spending nine days with his family.  He looked so sad and told me he'd miss me. Then his eyes lit up and he asked me, "Will you leave PawPaw here?" ~ Lois in Virginia
 
Silas (8) to Jocy (6): I can tell I am getting to be an adult because it is starting to hurt when you jump on my back like that. ~ Beth in Ohio
 
6 year old Twins (M.-Boy and A. - Girl)
Malakai: "I'm going to settle my voice so I don't lose it."
Amiya: "I'm going to settle my voice because I need to chitter chatter a LOT." ~ Danielle in Alabama

I heard what I thought was Cadence (6 mo.) stirring this morning, but as I rounded the hall, I saw it was Heidi (2) wide awake, singing over and over, "Your love never fails it never gives up, it never runs out on me"...while she was making her bed.  Priceless moment. ~ Rebekah in Virginia
 
Daddy: (excitedly): "Guess what!?"
Amiya (6): "Your mom is having another baby and you'll have a new brother or sister?!"
Daddy: "Uh...no.  We're eating Mexican for dinner!"
Amiya: "Oh...Okay, that's good too." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
We needed to shuffle cars around this morning, and a sweet friend offered to get me and the kids for church. Then this happened with our 4-yr old:
Chloe Beth: Wait! Is my friend (who is a boy) going to be in the car?
Me: Yes.
Chloe Beth: Then I need to get my bracelet and put my makeup on!
Me: Ummm....what???? ~ Amy in Virginia
 
Malakai (6) to me: "Morning, Cupcake!"
Me: "Cupcake!?!?"
Malakai: "Well, I just mean you're sweet as a cupcake." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Lexi (5): I am goin' to look like mommy when I get older, 'cause I have her toes!!! ~ Vera in Virginia
 
Me: "Malakai (6), how many more times do I need to tell you not to kick your soccer ball in the house?"
Malakai: "Ummm, a lot." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Malakai (6): "Mommy, you know if you keep driving this slow a cheetah's gonna pass you." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Today Mia (5) said, "Mommy, should I buy the barn first or my horse first?" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
Benjamin (5) was playing on the floor near the baby when he made a discovery.
"Joshua!!! You don't have any teeth!!!"  ~ Heather in Virginia
 
Brooklyn (4): "Mom, I don't need to do ballet this year. I need to focus on football." ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
Malakai (6): "I tried to keep my cheeks up but they kept going down and when my cheeks go down, that means I'm going to cry." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Annalise (3) just very excitedly exclaimed, "MOMMY! I found a Jesus Fairy!" So I go to see what is so great about that, and what in the world it means, and she is working her new alphabet puzzle... A is for "angel"... ~ Elaine in Virginia  
 
While talking to a young girl at church about book reports, I asked her if she liked to read. She said, "Well, yes, but not as much as I like chicken."  Best. Answer. Ever. ~ Amy in Virginia
 
Checking out of a hotel I asked Amiya (6) to check all the drawers to make sure we didn't miss anything. She's says, "There's just a couple books in the drawer but I think the hotel left them there so people could learn about Jesus." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Little Guy: Mommy, I almost died.
Me: Why???
Little Guy: I was starving to death. ~ Darlene in Thailand
 
My daughter-in-law, Rachael, told Andrew (3): "Daddy is going to be home all next week!" 
Andrew said excitedly, "I LOVE that!" ~ Lois in Virginia who says, "I LOVE that precious little boy!"
 
Sitting here listening to my kids play "Revival."  Mia (5) is the preacher and her "sermon" is flipping back and forth between Joseph and Frozen.  At least I know she was listening to the sermon last night. ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
Kids getting in car after school:
Amiya (6): "Malakai, do you have lipstick on your forehead!?"
Malakai (6): "Yeah, the principal kissed me, so now I have her glitter." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Tonight my heart melted when putting Madison (just turned 2) to bed! We always pray with her and traditionally it is Kyle/myself and then we lay her down. Tonight she said, "Pray again?" And so I let her pray by herself for the first time. She proceeded by folding her sweet hands and saying, "Dear Jesus...thank you for my mommy, and daddy, and Lola and Bear..." And continued on the list of family. She ended with, "And now bed time. Amen."  So thankful for her beyond words. ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
My middle son (10) saw my tired face at dinner. Without saying anything, he cleared the table, washed the leftover dishes and cups, fed the dog, put the leftover in the fridge, wiped the table, and scrubbed the kitchen sinks just like the way I do every night. And did all that with such joy and speed. I love him so and I am so blessed to be his mommy. ~ Darlene in Thailand  #‎husbandmaterial‬ ‪#‎Godsgifttous‬ ‪#‎sonnotfrommywombbutfrommyheart‬

While singing "I'd Rather Have Jesus" as I rocked Liam (2) before bed tonight, he leaned back, looked at me very seriously and said, "But I want you to say you'd rather have ME!'" Thus began a discussion about how even though I love him SO much, I love Jesus more, because Jesus died for me and saved me. To which Liam replied, "Awww, that's sweet."  ~ Kristen in Virginia
 

 

No comments: