Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Moving Heavy Furniture

by Lois Breneman - Heart to Heart - August, 2014

My husband has recently reworking and painted a beautiful heavy armoire recently given to me by a sweet friend.  The problem was moving the two pieces from the workshop to the family room, after each piece was reworked and ready to paint in the family room.  Then he remembered he could use two 3" PVC pipes to roll each piece to its destination, with just my help!  


In fact, he reminded me that the Egyptian pyramids were made by rolling large heavy pieces on wooden rods!  While John lifted up the front, I slid a PVC pipe underneath, and another one in the center.  He would roll the furniture, and I'd remove the back pipe and place it under the front, until we reached our destination!  It worked like a charm!

Rolling the larger piece of the armoire on the sidewalk 
and into the house


    A closer look at the 3" PVC pipes used as rollers


 The lower section of the armoire is already in place.


 This larger and heavier section is ready to be lifted in place.

No comments: