Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Four Anchors - Formula for Trial

by Andrew Murray (Missionary)

The following notes are from the book by Isobel Kuhn, “Green Leaf in Drought.”
1. Say, He brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place and in that fact I will rest.
2. He will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child.
3. Then He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends for me to learn.
4. In His good time He can bring me out again—how and when He knows.
 
So let me say, I am
1.  here by God's appointment;
2.  in His keeping;
3. under His training;
4. for His time.
 
We need to learn to take His yoke and trust Him for the reason it is laid upon us. (As the book of James states – welcome trials as friends not intruders).
We bring glory to God if we embrace His will and accept His discipline, no matter how inscrutable.
 
God does not waste suffering, nor does He discipline out of caprice (on impulse or without a goal). If He plough, it is because He purposes a crop.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: