Sunday, July 1, 2012

Precious Gems

Savannah (4) never ceases to keep me on my toes.  Tonight we passed an ambulance and she immediately prayed, "Dear God, please help the boy or girl in that ambulance to be okay."  My heart swelled with pride at her sensitivity, knowing she remembered her own sister being loaded into an ambulance before.  Then she noticed my teary eyes and followed it up with, "Don't worry, Mom.  God said the kid was going to be fine.  He said, "Anything for you, Darlin'!"  Sigh. ~ Lauren in Virginia 

Got a giggle this morning. Darren picked up the hairbrush and started to brush Savannah's hair. She quickly responded, "No no no! I do my own hair now." He backed off and told her he didn't know that. Hands on her hips, she looked at him and replied, "Dad, seriously? I'm four!" and shaking her head she stalked off to fix her hair. :) ! Lauren in Virginia

While we were in Montana, I took the grandkids to see Papaw in the hospital.  As we were on our way home, Timothy (11) said, "Let's go to Bob Ward's (a sporting goods store).  Victoria (13) said, "I want to go to the mall."   Not to be left out, nearly 3-year-old Samara piped up and said, "I want to go to the car wash!  But I cry in the car wash!"  Her sister explained that when the big brushes descend on the car and begin scrubbing, Samara gets scared and begins crying.  However, once they get outside the car wash, she is fine and wants to go through again!  Guess it must be something like the terror - and thrill - of a roller coaster ride! ~ Nancy in Pennsylvania
 
So this morning Karlie (9), pointed out what she thought was our cat on a stump. Instead it was a couple of raccoons (on a stump in the lake).  I told her they were mating. She asked, "What is mating?"  I answered, "Go ask Mom." - Mike, husband of my niece, Julie in Washington ~ Lois

Raylie (6), has been saying a lot lately.  She told me, "I love you, Mommy, more than any other girl in the world, but I love Daddy 3rd most out of all the boys in the world because I love God and Jesus the most!  Because without God and Jesus, none of us would be here." ~ Julie in Washington

Our granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth (4), graduated from Pre-K on a Friday, and was anxiously planning to go to kindergarten the following Monday.  She even packed her own lunch!  She was so disappointed that she has to wait a couple months for kindergarten, so I told her that we'd play "kindergarten" together when we visit.  We did.  I taught her how to read nine "at" words with consonants in front.  "Cat" was one of those words, so after she knew those, she asked me to teach her some "dog" words.  Next we did "og" words like dog, fog, frog, log, bog.  Later that week I taught our grandson, Daniel, also 4, how to read the "at" words.  I loved seeing them think so hard as they sounded out each letter.  Such a privilege for me! ~ Lois

While visiting some of our daughter's family recently, I was mentioning how I had been making angel food cakes to give away, after I learned that I was allergic to egg whites.  When Ryan Elizabeth (4) heard that I gave the cakes away to friends, rather than making them all for Paw Paw, she looked up at me with a serious frown on her face, and asked, "Why did you give them away?  Wasn't Paw Paw behaving?"  ~ :) Lois

No comments: