Monday, February 29, 2016

God's Leading in My Life

Used with Permission by Cathy Dudley
 
I'm a retired Physical Therapist ... and although I don't remember asking God what I should do, clearly He was directing me.  It turned out that my education and training had prepared me well to be a good candidate when our church needed a teacher to begin a Special Needs Sunday School class.  You see, class members had various physical and mental disabilities.  Yes, God had gotten me ready for this future opportunity.  And Wow - did I love it!  Working on their lessons often required simplifying the Gospel message so it was easier to understand.  I didn't realize it then, but some of these simple spiritual nuggets would pop up again.

Now I am a Grammy to 6 precious little ones!  With retirement, I have had more time for personal devotions and just sitting quietly with my Lord.  I bought a new Bible, called the Grandmother's Bible.  Sprinkled throughout the scriptures were printed little stories and prayers from over 100 well known Grandmas, all emphasizing the importance of sharing your faith with the next generation.  Well, before long, God had me excited about writing a book for my grandchildren.  It's entitled "TODDLER THEOLOGY Childlike Faith for Everyone." God totally gave me the format, written in first person, as well as the unique way of describing His gift of salvation.


As Mothers, there are so many things we want our children to "know." Topics range from correctly naming colors and counting to 100 ... to playing well with others and respecting adults.  We want them to be successful in school and in life, and they learn an incredible amount in their first few years.  But, when it comes to what matters most, I think you'll agree with me, let's introduce our children to the Savior of the world!  


The book, "Toddler Theology : Childlike Faith for Everyone" is available on line through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  It is also carried in a few local stores in the Roanoke, Virginia vicinity. Please visit me at www.facebook.com/toddlertheology, I'd really like to hear from you!

Thank you and BLESSINGS! 




No comments: