Monday, February 29, 2016

Compiled by Lois Breneman

Thanks to all who contribute to Precious Gems! 


 A young family with two daughters (ages 5 and 7) went to both the viewing and memorial service of the beloved grandma.  At the memorial service as the girls saw their grandma for the second consecutive day, lying in her casket, they asked their mother, "Why is Grandma wearing the same dress again today?" ~ Jeri in Illinois

I had to laugh the other day when our granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth (8), came bouncing down the stairs while we were visiting, then said, "Now what was it I came downstairs to get?" ~ Lois in Virginia

We recently spent a week with our daughter's family and I helped our granddaughter, Ryan (8), with sewing projects she had bookmarked to make from a book we gave her earlier, "My First Sewing Machine Book."  Her daddy said I should teach her how to sew clothes for her American Girl Doll, but I told him I thought that might be a little difficult for her since smaller clothes are more tedious to sew.  Ryan told her daddy, "I need to learn the basics first." ~ Lois in Virginia

A little girl was in a submarine with her family, looking at the underwater fish, when she very seriously asked, "Where's the mermaid?" ~ Jeri in Illinois

Two little boy cousins were playing together during our annual family get together.  The older cousin was rather puzzled about why his younger cousin kept calling him "Table."  When asked, the little boy told him he thought that was his name!  The older cousin told him, "No, my name is Trey!" ~ Barb in Ohio

Savannah (8) came home from school yesterday and said she had to borrow a recorder in music. I was surprised because I had made sure she had hers in her backpack. She said, "Yeah but when I pulled it out to play it, it had Playdoh stuffed inside it." Well played, Brooklyn (5), wrecking your "Type A" sister's life since 2010. ~ Lauren in Virginia
This girl...I sure do love her! She blocked the sun from my eyes this morning and I said thank you!  She said, "Just doing my job, Mom." ~ Meghan in Texas

Today Mia (7) was talking about her new baby sister (that she alone knows about) and she told Carter (5), "When my baby sister gets here I am going to share a room with her, so you can just start sleeping in the basement." ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

This evening Mia (7) told me she didn't think she was going to eat supper tonight. Why? I asked her. "Because it's white rice and I only eat brown."  Mia, this is brown rice, I replied. "Ohhhhh! Well then, I'm eating supper tonight!" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Savannah (8): "Mom, dad was going to get you these other flowers and I was like "Dad, her favorite is yellow roses and you should know this so let's shop over here." Bahaha I love my little clone. (I got yellow roses, for the first time in 10 years of marriage.) ~ Lauren in Virginia

Mia (7): "Mommy I have a bug bite." Where Mia? "On my leg."  What part of your leg?  "The fat side."  What?  "Well, the top is the skinny side and the back is the fat side."  And now we know! ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

No comments: