Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Precious Gems

Yesterday afternoon, Samara (3) was playing with her little dollhouse as I was doing some paperwork in the office, right next to her. I heard her having the dolls each take a turn praying together. When the daddy said Amen, she had the baby say, "Yay! We prayed together as a family!."  These are moments that I just savor!!! ~ Diane in Montana 
 
Our grandson, Daniel, who just turned 5, absolutely loves his robots!  He has never ever said he's tired, even when asked, because he doesn't want to admit it and have to go to bed.  Somehow he reasons that if he isn't tired, he doesn't need to go to bed.  The other night, his mom told me how Daniel was SO TIRED, and was yawning and rubbing his eyes. Then in a slow motion robot voice, he said, "Powering down ... P-o-w-e-r-i-n-g   d-o-w-n!" ~ Lois

I wanted to share a sweet conversation between my daughter and our three year old grandson.  His bedroom is upstairs, while theirs is on the main level.
Mom: Good morning, Brayden! Did you sleep well and have good dreams?
Brayden: Yesh I did. Jesus was in my room holding me and keeping me safe.
Mom: Really? that's pretty cool. Was it because you were scared?
Brayden: No, I wasn't scared of anyfing, but he was just keeping me safe when you and Daddy were downstairs sleeping.  ~ Sue in Georgia
 
Patrick (4), said this, on one spring-like February day:  “I have a summer headache!” ~ Grace in Pennsylvania
 
I was cutting her grandson, Landon's, (1st grader) hair the other day and he asked me, " Who will cut my hair when you die?" ~ Beth in Virginia  
 
Our grandson, Daniel, 5, was asked a question by his mother, but he couldn't tell her the answer just then.  He came up with a great answer though, telling his mom that his memory card was already full! ~ Lois
 
Wes asked Malakai to stop singing while in a store. Malakai's response: "I'm just trying to praise Jesus, Daddy." ~ Danielle in Alabama

Amiya laid her head on Miles (our cat).  She said, "Oh, I can hear his beep.  It beeps vewy good!  Do you have a beep, Mommy?"
 
We lost power for a few seconds and Ryan Elizabeth says, "It's a good thing my blue eyes can see in the dark!" ~ Joy in Georgia
 
Amiya came home from school and planned her whole wedding.  From two flower girls to the pink castle she's going to live in. ~ Danielle in Alabama

Glad my kids are outgoing but sometimes I just don't know what to do with their comments.  We were in a store for five minutes and the sales associate was asked if he had a kid named Malakai, told to shave, and that he has a good lookin' suit. ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Our five year old granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth, was asked by her teacher what her favorite color was.  "All the colors in the rainbow!" was Ryan's reply!  Just like her grandma! ~ Lois
 
        There was a knock at the door.  It was a small boy, about six years old. Something of his had found its way into my garage, he said, and he wanted it back.  Upon opening the garage door, I noticed two additions: a baseball and a broken window sporting a baseball-sized hole. "How do you suppose this ball got in here?" I asked the boy.
        Taking one look at the ball, one look at the window, and one look at me, the boy  exclaimed, "Wow! I must have thrown it right through that hole!" -- Cited on ArcaMax.com 
 

No comments: