Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Announcing Our New Granddaughter's Birth

by Lois Breneman - 2013 - Heart to Heart Newsletter

Thanks be to the Lord for such a sweet and precious gift to our family!  I am so excited to tell you about our fifth grandchild, a granddaughter, Raelle Elizabeth (pronounced "Ray-L").  She is the first child of James and Emily!  They had decided not to find out if they were having a boy or a girl, and the suspense was killing me, especially with that technology available!  Our only granddaughter, five year old Ryan Elizabeth, and I were rooting for a girl since we both felt we needed more girls in our family.  Ryan is thrilled to have a girl cousin, also with an "R" name and an identical middle name!


When James called me an hour after Raelle's birth at 1:30 on the morning of March 4th and told me they had a daughter, I couldn't contain my excitement and let out a shout, waking up John, who said to me, "I assume they had a girl?"

Before we were able to see Raelle in person, we saw pictures that took my breath away, because I felt like I was looking at her daddy as a baby!  I could see our other granddaughter, Ryan's sweet face in hers as well!  James tells me that Emily's parents said the same thing - that she looks just like Emily did as a baby.  In some of the photos she does look more like her mom, which is they way it should be - to look like both of the parents, right!  One thing for sure, this adorable little girl will be a blonde, since both of her parents were tow heads as children and her mom is still a genuine blonde.  It's fun to see other family members in this new little one's face!

We're so proud of the way our son, James, pitches in by changing diapers, cuddling and consoling his precious little girl, as well as helping around the house.  From the beginning he even insisted on getting up to feed Raelle a bottle of pumped milk during the night so Emily could sleep!  What a wonderful husband and daddy!  One picture he e-mailed us is of James, Raelle, and their Golden Retriever lying side by side on the living room floor on the baby quilt I made for her, with the baby in the middle.  All eyes were closed in slumber except Cody's, the dog, who is so protective of this new little housemate!  So cute!

Before too long hopefully Raelle's "Precious Gems" will appear in Heart to Heart!


No comments: