Friday, January 27, 2012

13th Anniversary for Heart to Heart - Beginning the 14th Year!

The Lord deserves all the honor and praise for this  ministry which He began and is allowing to continue.

Comment from Amanda from South Africa
I originally signed up for this newsletter years ago because of the lack of “older women” to teach us “younger women." Well, a few years have passed and I am now teaching some younger women.    

Just to encourage the missionary folk or those thinking of missionary work:
I am a South African, born and bred for 13 generations on this soil.  And though my skin isn’t black, I am as African as my roots.
     
If it wasn’t for God’s grace and for American missionaries that came to my country, I might never have been saved.
Or my husband, or my 3 children, or my parents, or my siblings.  Or the (I don’t know how many) people we have reached out to in 25 years of doing evangelism, children’s work, preaching (my husband), teaching at Bible colleges (dh again), personal discipleship… the list goes on.
     
This is because there were ordinary folk that left their families, friends, churches, homes, jobs, and country they love.
They were willing to give many, many years of themselves.
Not always did every disciple turn out strong.
Not always did they see the fruit of their labours.
But just to let you know: “… your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
I, for one, am the fruit of your labour, and my family, and the thousands of people we have reached through the years.
Without being cliched, I can truly pray, God bless you!

Comment from Joyce Quam in Virginia:
     Thank you so much for all you do...I hope to spend time reading your newsletters in 2012. They are packed with so much joyful and useful information shared with "heart" and "love." Thank you, my friend. 
Comment from Jackie Schlageter:
     I wanted to take the time to thank you for your wonderful Heart2Heart Newsletters.  I took the time today to go to your blogs (I have 2 yahoo groups for homeschool families: "WherecanIfindit" and "WherecanIfinditweekly."  When I was reading the January 2012 newsletter I saw the link to your recipe blog and your newsletter blog.  I have put those into my newsletter for Monday.
     I also take your newsletters and using my open office program, put the newsletter in a form and font that is easier for me to see and use.  I have macular degeneration and unless I do this I can't read them well.  One of these days I will read them and put them on Disk to have when my eyesight is gone.  Believe me when I say that I will even read the recipes because I love cooking.
     Thank you for your work for Christ.  One of these days I will have every newsletter that you have put out in PDF form and then I will put them into a Notebook so that when or if I am unable to read them someone can read them and put them on disk and I can then listen to them even if I can't read them myself.
Comment from Mary Lynn Barrett in Virginia:
     "I probably don't tell you often enough that I love your newsletters! You have, and continue, to make a very positive difference in untold numbers of lives all across the country....and probably the world! Plus, heaven alone will reveal the eternal results of your faithfulness to the Lord in sharing His Word. I really appreciated you publishing my "Lost and Found" article about my grandson, Noah, several months ago.
     As we head into 2012, I am praying with you and for you in every concern of your heart."

No comments: