Friday, January 27, 2012

Precious Gems

Feb., 2012

Here is something a very special friend shared with me that is just precious. Her son is a lawyer and recently relocated his family to a small town where the law firm is within walking distance of their home enabling him to spend more time with his family. One day he was home sharing lunch with his daughter, Sarah, around 2-1/2. That day as she was eating her pizza "Sarah style" (she would take it apart and eat the topping and work on the crust last). As she was breaking the crust, he heard her say, "This is the body of Christ broken for you." I am not sure if she dipped it into her milk or if "communion" ended with that precious comment, but Sarah's dad was so thankful for that moment with his daughter who seemed to "get it" at such a young age. Let us all be aware that little ones are watching and listening with their little minds and hearts and that communion with Christ can be as formal as worship or as simple and precious as "the breaking of pizza crust" by a child. ~ Joyce in Virginia

Austin (4) talking to his mommie on being born: "...and then I just popped out your belly...and daddy catched me." Yep, something like that. :) ~ Emily in Virginia

My kids spent the day with their Gramma and Papa the other day.  My mom was telling Madelyn (5) that Madelyn's oldest cousin couldn't wait to be old enough to stay home by herself so that she could watch TV and eat junk food.  Madelyn said she wished she could do that too.  When asked what junk food she would eat, Madelyn said, "Brussel  sprouts and broccoli." ~ Liz in Washington 

It's snowing!  Melody (2) said this morning while watching the snow fall, "Now, we got work to do.  GO build more snow penguins!" ~ Rosie in Central Asia

My granddaughter, Ryan Elizabeth (4) absolutely loves her purple unicorn pillow pet, named "Uni."  One evening after Ryan was sleeping, their dog got hold of Uni and tore her to shreds!  It was a good thing Ryan didn't see the destruction!  Her dad ran out that evening to get an identical pillow pet for his daughter.  The next morning, Ryan came downstairs and exclaimed cheerfully, "Uni looks so clean and shiny this morning, doesn't she!"  Thank goodness she never knew, but looked on the bright side! ~ Lois
 
During a heavy thunderstorm storm, my 8 year old grandson, Justin, said, "Apparently God got "Skylanders" for Christmas too!  Right now He is playing with "Lightening Rod!" ~ Lois

In the fall I helped two of our grandchildren, Justin, 8, and Ryan Elizabeth, 4, to sew their own machine embroidered designs and make them into pillows.  They loved that!  When our 3 year old grandson, Daniel, visited later, I started to do the same thing with him, and he chose his own embroidery design, a juicy watermelon.  He was sitting on my lap as I was threading my machine and having trouble getting it to sew on that particular evening (it needed a new needle).  Daniel grew tired of waiting, although he didn't actually complain.  Then he sweetly and kindly looked up at me and made this suggestion: "Grammie, why don't you just surprise me!"  He meant by sewing it myself and sending it to him! ~ Lois

No comments: