Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Precious Gems

Ladies, thanks for your permission to include your cute kids' quotes in the newsletter.  Anyone is welcome to reply to this newsletter and send kids' quotes to be considered for Heart to Heart.  Thanks!

I had just taken lots of pictures of our six grandchildren, but missed this one, which happened immediately afterward:  Luke (4) comes upstairs crying over something a brother had done to him.  Livy (23 mo.) and Creed (2) come in, one carry the plunger and the other the toilet brush from our bathroom.  Shall we say I grabbed soap real fast.... ~ Janet in Virginia
Sierra (4): "Mom, do you remember when you were a kid?  I remember when I was a kid." ~ Tiffany in Colorado
While shopping at Macy's looking for a rug I saw in an ad...
Me: Oooo... that's a pretty red dress.
Austin (5): Yes, it is... really pretty.
Me: Oooo... I like this one too. I wonder if they have it in my size.
Austin: Remember why we're here, Mommy.
Me: (laughing) I'm a girl!  I like to look at those things.
Austin: You just like to look at all the pretty dresses...
(we walk by the jewelry and before I can even look...)
Austin: ...and the pretty jewelry.
Busted by my five year old! ~ Jennie in Ohio
I was caring for my 4 year-old granddaughter, Bryana one day last week.  On two set days a week, she attends our Mother's Day Out program at our church.  Later that afternoon, when I went to pick her up, her teacher was walking her out and stopped to say a few words to me as Bryana was getting in the car.  She mentioned to me how sweet, clever and adorable she thought that Bryana was and what a joy it was to have her in her class.  She said, "I just gotta tell you what happened today, it was too funny!"  There was another little girl in the same class, who apparently had been having a rough time of things lately at home.  This child had proceeded to tell the teacher and her whole class what things she had been experiencing at home, such as loss of a toy, having to take nap, making Mommy upset, and so on with numerous things that are devastating to a 4 year old, right?  Well, as she was telling all of her woes, the teacher said that Bryana was staring at her intently and really listening to what she had to say.  When the other little child was done, she said Bryana then "broke into song!"  Soon as there was silence, she sang, "So...you had a bad day...." and continued to sing it in full to the other child. LOL.  The teacher mentioned that it was hard for her to keep her own composure, let alone, sit still in her chair without doubling over in laughter. ~ Yana
Anna (4), comes over to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, so I tell her, "You are so sweet!"  She looks at me and says, "Yes, but sometimes I'm rotten!"  At least she's honest. ~ Stacy in Virginia
My 2-year old nephew's comment after giving Sophie (baby) kisses: "Sophie 'licious!" ~ Lori in Virginia 

Ari (4) informed me that "when you die your hands die folded across your chest." ~ Rebekah in Virginia

Conversation at our supper table as Cydney (2) was telling her daddy about hurting her toe earlier today.  "It's probably dead, but Mommy is fixing it."  Yep, that's me.....the Amazing Christy.....bringing toes back from the dead! ~ Christy in North Carolina 

Savannah: "1+1=2 and 2+2=4, right Mom?" 
Me: "Yes, but how did you know that?"
Savannah: "First of all, I can count.  And I have fingers,  And I'm 4 years old. Duh!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

Brooklyn (23 mo.) has been on some intense antibiotics lately, giving her little bum quite a blistery rash.  Today I asked her if it hurt and she replied, "Naw.  Tough!"  That's my girl! ~ Lauren in Virginia

Mia (3) never ceases to crack me up.  I was in the kitchen cleaning up supper and she comes running in crying, saying that she hit her lip on the wall.  I gave her a kiss and told her we had walls all over the house and to watch out for them.  OOOOOOKKAAYYYY, she said, and ran off to play some more. ~ Elizabeth in Virginia

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This morning while I was getting ready for church...
Boom ((7): Mommy, I really like your dress. It's nice. But if you just do a little something to your face you will look more beautiful.
Me: What do you mean, Boom?
Jojo (11): He meant, he wants you to put make up on.
Boom: Yeah! Like put something on your eyes and lips.
Jojo to Boom: (sternly) She looks perfectly fine!
LOL!!! I love my boys! ~ Darlene in Thailand/ U.S.A.

Thanks to Sarah in Virginia who sent me the following four funny quotes and stories!

Yesterday the kids were watching Veggie Tales and the story was about David. Natalie (4) came in very seriously and said, “Mommy, Veggie Tales said something that’s really not true. They said that little people can’t do things that big people can do. But that’s not true because Jeremiah (6) is bigger than me, but I can do all the things that he can do!” How true that is!!

During school a few mornings ago Jeremiah (6) was saying his AWANA verses to me and I was pleasantly surprised that he knew both of the verses.….On Friday he was still struggling with the word order (John 1:1-3 is a tricky passage). Then he said, “Well I was practicing them last night. I was scared last night and when Papa came upstairs he told me to count sheep. I didn’t like doing that so I just started saying my Bible verses over and over. Then I felt better.”

I told the kids this evening that my bother Lee proposed to miss Ashleigh and that they are getting married. Carlos (10) wanted to know when the wedding was going to be and then he wanted to know if we could go to the wedding and I said, “Yes, we are planning to!” Ben replied, “Yay, yay I love weddings.” And Jeremiah (6) said, “Well you know the horrible part……kissing.”  And to that Carlos said, “That’s not the horrible part, that’s the best part.”

Right after lunch today, Jeremiah (6) went over to Jadyn (7 mo) who was still in the highchair (which sits next to my seat at the table) and he says, “Mommy, I just keep looking at Jadyn and it makes me think…….they gave us just the right baby. I love her.”

No comments: