Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Precious Gems

Savannah (3) prayed, "Dear Jesus, I'm sorry I was yellin' at my momma.  It made my heart all ugly.  Please make it clean.  And maybe you could go ahead and do that for tomorrow, because I disobey every . single . day. Amen!"  ~ Lauren in Virginia

I told my son, James (6), to listen to Pastor Mike’s sermon.  I encouraged him to just draw what he heard in the sermon.  Finally, he starts drawing intently.  I proudly asked him what he was drawing.  He explained he was drawing a broomstick for the witch!  I was deeply concerned as Pastor Mike had NOT mentioned a witch in his sermon!  James came back with a firm, “Yes he did, Mom!  He said, ‘for which Jesus came to save the lost!’ “  Guess I need to work on homophones!! ~ Kim

My daughter, Juliet (8), was sitting next to my husband in church.  Our youth pastor and wife were baptizing their daughter.  Juliet asked, “Dad is Pastor Matt a demon?”  Dad: “What?! No he’s a pastor!”  Juliet: “So he’s not a demon then?”  Dad: “You mean deacon?  No, he’s a pastor.”  Phew!  Never a dull moment in the pew with our family! ~ Kim 

Savannah (3) has a boy in her class that keeps calling her his girlfriend.  Today, at the Valentine's party, she informed him, "I am not your girlfriend.  I am my daddy's girl!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

Justin (7) came home from school with this note from a boy in his class who had to write it after taking Justin's pencils.  According to Justin the boy took them because he liked Justin's handwriting and thought it was his special pencils.  The note read: "To Justin I am sorry for stealing your pensils.  I really like them but I am still sorry.  Will you forgive me?"  The boy had also referred to himself as "stupid, dumb and lame."  Justin's written reply: "You are not stuped and dum and lam.  Yes, I forgive you." ~ Justin is my grandson ~ Lois

Three-year-old little Jeffrey was standing on a chair so he could help me mix up a cake in the kitchen.  This little boy's favorite word was, "Why?" and he asked about a dozen questions as he and I made the cake.  After patiently answering all of Jeffrey's questions, and the thirteenth one was just asked, I put my hands on my hips, looked down at my sweet little inquisitive son, and said, "Jeffrey, you're something else!"  He then looked up at me with a questioning look, and tipped his head as he asked, "What are I?" ~ Lois

Anna (3) says, "I wanna be a helper...I can wipe this table and clean my room and make my bed!  You don't have to do all this stuff, Mama ... I will."  And then she proceeds to sing, "Merry Christmas ... sure feels like Christmas!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

A Sweet Lesson in Kindness, Taught by a Four Year Old:  My grandsons, Curvie (3) and Larson (4) were playing together at Larson's home last summer.  Everything that Larson played with, Curvie would grab out of Larson's hands, and he even punched his older cousin, Larson, in the face, causing him to cry.  Just before Christmas Larson's daddy told him that Curvie was coming over for Christmas.  Larson said, "Oh, no!" and hung is head, remembering how his younger cousin grabbed his toys and hurt him.  One week later Larson came over to Curvie, who was sitting in front of the tree, admiring it, and asked him with a sweet smile, "Would you like to come to the family room and play with my toys?  Curvie said, "Yes!  I like fire engines!"  Larson agreed that he did too, and proceeded to pull out all of his fire engines and give them to Curvie to play with.  They played all day long without any squabbles, and Curvie hid under the table when it was time to go home! ~ Carol in Pennsylvania

No comments: