Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Children Are Quick

Author unknown – Thanks to Rosanne Ayers in Virginia for sending this!

Teacher:    Maria, go to the map and find North America.
Maria:         Here it is.
Teacher:   Correct.  Now class, who discovered America ?
Class:         Maria.

Teacher:    John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor? 

John:           You told me to do it without using tables.

Teacher:  Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
Glenn:      K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'
Teacher:  No, that's wrong
Glenn:     Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it. 

Teacher:   Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
Donald:     H I J K L M N O.
Teacher:   What are you talking about?
Donald:    Yesterday you said it's H to O. 

Teacher:   Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
Winnie:     Me!

Teacher:   Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
Glen:          Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are. 

Teacher:     Millie, give me a sentence starting with '  I.  '
Millie:         I  is..
Teacher:     No, Millie..... Always say, 'I  am.'
Millie:         All right...  'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'     

Teacher:    George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it.   Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
Louis:        Because George still had the axe in his hand.    

Teacher:    Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
Simon:         No sir, I don't have to.  My Mom is a good cook. 

Teacher:    Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
Harold:     A teacher
 
Teacher:  Now, Clyde, your composition is exactly the same as your brother's.  Did you copy your work?
Clyde:         No, sir.  It's the same dog.    

No comments: