Saturday, January 23, 2016

Precious Gems

Compiled by Lois Breneman
Thanks to all who contribute to Precious Gems!  Anyone is welcome to send kids' quotes to me at jhbreneman@juno.com to be considered for this segment.
 
I woke up the kids and answered all the who's, why's, and what's of getting up "early" (we've gotten spoiled sleeping in). I headed back to my room to finish getting ready and Malakai (7) comes running after me: "You forgot something, Mommy!"
I stopped and turned around to a kid with his lips puckered up: "You forgot your good morning kiss!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Mia (7) talking to Carter (5) about wishing on a dandelion. "Wishing on those flowers doesn't work. I have been wishing for a horse and a baby and I haven't gotten either!!" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia 

Malakai (7) singing: "Ohhh, tidings are covered in joy, covered in JOY! Ohhh, tidings are covered in joy!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Me: "Amiya, if you turn your knife over it will be easier to cut your food." Amiya (7): "You're brilliant, Mommy! I sure am glad you were born."  (pats me on the shoulder) ~ Danielle in Alabama

Logan (7) told his teacher that he has fleas. (Translation: dry skin) ~ Amanda in Virginia

No comments: