Friday, January 1, 2016

Precious Gems

Compiled by Lois Breneman
Thanks to all who contribute to Precious Gems!  Anyone is welcome to send kids' quotes to me at jhbreneman@juno.com to be considered for this segment.
 
Our son, James, and his wife, Emily, were putting Raelle (2 1/2) to bed and praying with her, which they try to do together most nights. Raelle was pretty wound up and jumping in her bed while they prayed.  Soon she bumped her head on her crib.  She tried to be quiet while they prayed, but then couldn't hold back any longer as she said, "Oh, owl!  Owl!!!  "I bumped my idea! I bumped my idea!" ~ Lois in Virginia
 
Mia's (6) thoughts on being Mary in the play Sunday and not having a real donkey to ride. "But how will Mary get to Bethlehem without a donkey!?! And then how will baby Jesus be born?!?!?!? We need a donkey!" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
Malakai (7): "Hey, we're eating the same snack. It's like we're twins!"
Amiya (7): "We are twins." ~ Danielle in Alabama 
 
Eva (8) is running lines with Mia (6) for the play tonight. Eva: "Mia, say it with expression. Mia, you have to have passion. Mia, don't mumble. And, when you sing, don't yell.  Sing." We shall see if all this coaching pays off. ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
"Mommy! Did you just take a shower?" (no)
"Then why is your hair so beautiful?" (It is?)
"YES! It looks beautiful!" (Leans in closer to touch it) "
"WHY IS IT WHITE? It's turning white! You are turning into an old lady!"
(And that was not from the kid who a few weeks back told me I would be old soon and then die....)
He finished with, "Maybe you should just turn it green like Anne did..." ~ Elaine in Virginia
 
Tonight at the super table the girls were talking about all the different things they can do. Carter (5) piped up and said, "Well, I can breathe out of my eyeballs." He then proceeds to shut his mouth, hold his nose, and blow air bubbles out of his eyes. "See, I told you I could breathe out of my eyeballs!" Where do kids figure this stuff out?!?! ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
Gave kids the 'ol "God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth so you can listen more than talk" speech.
Amiya (7): "I wish God gave me 2 mouths instead." ~ Danielle in Alabama

No comments: