Sunday, September 6, 2015

Fall Porch and DIY Reclaimed Wood Welcome Sign

Creative Ideas




As you know I love Fox Hollow Cottage.  You absolutely must visit her site.  Here is another wonderful project from Shannon.  The full tutorial is provided through the link.  http://foxhollowcottage.com/2013/10/fall-porch-and-diy-reclaimed-wood-welcome-sign.html

Fall Porch and DIY Reclaimed Wood Welcome Sign

Used with Permission by Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage



Hi again, Fox Hollow Cottage Readers! I'm so happy to be back this month with another project!

And this one just happens to be huge! Literally. 

With the change of season, I've been busy sprucing up our front porch. And this year, I decided to make visitors feel extra welcome with this huge sign!
 

Here's how I made it! It was SO easy!

I started with these pre-cut letters from Hobby Lobby!

And then I painted them with some left over exterior paint - Wrought Iron by Benjamin Moore

Once the letters were dry, I placed them on my weathered board (which I snagged from my parents farm, just like this one).

Once I was sure everything would fit with the proper spacing, I used my super hot hot glue gun and glued them right onto the board. Those letters are stuck!

Then I just propped it up on our front porch. COMPLETELY easy!



And it looks a-mazing!

And so welcoming!

Heck, even I feel welcomed walking up!

I'm in love with the combination of the aged wood, rusty nails, sleek letters and cornstalks... which I chopped down from our field!

Our front entry is officially dressed for fall. 

I'm in disbelief of how amazing this project looks for how easy it was to make! Those are the best kind!



Happy Fall!

No comments: