Sunday, January 25, 2015

Writing Nook


by Michelle Gill  www.michellegill.us

I love reading nooks, tree houses, making small spaces into favorite places.  We have a walk-in closet in our living room.  I took the doors off and made it my writing nook. 

So if your house is lacking in space or you just feel the need for a creative space, take a look at your closets.  How can you change it into a usable space versus just storage? 

At the top of my closet, I used a quilt my grandmother made for me to create storage space behind it, while showing off her handiwork and bringing some warmth of color into the space.  On the left side, our jackets and coats still hang but on the right side, I put in a bookshelf and my printer.  


It is not only functional, but it also deepens the closet visually.  If you don't have a window like I do, the color on the walls or a large mirror that will reflect the light will help brighten it up. 

A small space just my own with my favorite things around me is the perfect creative place for me to write.

                 

No comments: