Thursday, January 22, 2015

Precious Gems

A great big "Thanks" to all the moms and grandmas who allow me to share these gems! 

Daughter (5): "Mommy? What is there for 6-yr olds? What will I do when I'm six that I don't do now?"
Mommy: "Ummm....laundry? Dishes? Clean toilets? Eat broccoli?" ~ Amy in Virginia

Amiya (7): "Mommy, how much longer do we go to school after Christmas?"
Malakai (7) (sarcastically): "until we die..." ~ Danielle in Alabama
  
Me: "What would you like to be when you grow up, Liam?"
Liam (3): "A Papa. And then I could drive a four-wheeler and a tractor and touch power outlets and plug in a Christmas tree and do EVERYTHING!" ~ Kristen in Virginia

Manchild #1 at dinner tonight: "Mama, you're a good cooker. I love you." - thus proving that the maxim "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" holds true even at the tender age of 3. ~ Kristen in Virginia

I was just up in my sewing room, and remembered a comment from our five year old grandson, Tyler, when they were visiting. I wanted to show him my machine that runs with NO electricity. (I had just put on a new belt.) He said…. "OH!  Does the sun make it go?" ~ Nina in Michigan

Liam (3) asked if there are animal crackers in heaven. I said I didn't know. He said, "Maybe I'll ask God, and He'll say, 'I don't know.' Then I'll say, 'Let's go look in the kitchen' and then God and I'll go to the kitchen and I'll say, 'God, you DO have some!' And He'll say, 'Would you like a taste?' And I'll say, 'Yes, please. And God, do you have any milk?' And He'll say, 'Let's go look in the fridge.' And I'll open the fridge and say 'Oooooh, you have LOTS of THINGS!'" ~ Kristen in Virginia

Savannah (7): Brooklyn can you come down to the garage with me? It's creepy. You will keep me safe right?
Brooklyn (4): If something tries to get you, I will punch them out and make them fly to Jesus.
Just a normal Friday night conversation here. ~ Lauren in Virginia

As I helped Emily (2) get into her pink pjs, in her pink room, on her pink changing table, I asked her what she wanted to wear tomorrow..."PURPLE!" was her reply. of course. ~ Rachel in Virginia

Malakai (7): "Mommy, how do the doors (at Walmart) know when to open?"
Me: "There's a sensor that tells them when to open..."
Malakai: "Oh so it can smell people when they're coming?"
Me: Something like that! ~ Danielle in Alabama

Autumn Rose (6): Those potatoes taste bad.
Mama: I did not even fix potatoes for dinner.
Autumn Rose: Well, then what DID I JUST EAT?!?
Mama: Squash!
Autumn Rose: OH MY WORD………No wonder they taste SO bad. ~ Mary in Virginia 

Levi (8) asked for a mint today so I told him to look in my purse...after a few minutes of digging he made the comment," Mama, this is great! There's like a home in here!" True story, son. ~ Rachel in Virginia

Kids talking about the bottoms of their shoes (how thick to make it a high heel etc.)
Me: "That's called the sole..."
Amiya (interrupting): "Oh! So that's where our Soul is!?"
After explaining the difference, Malakai (7) looks at Amiya (7) out of the corner of his eye and sarcastically says: "That's a homograph, Amiya." ~ Danielle in Alabama

No comments: