Monday, September 29, 2014

Michelle's Testimony

by Michelle Gill, the New Editor of the Heart to Heart Newsletter

Hello there!

I'm so excited to have the privilege of compiling the Heart to Heart Newsletter and to share myself with you.  From the age of sixteen, God gave me a heart for home, as a wife and mother.  But I did not marry for the first time until I was thirty-four!  Many lessons were learned in those years.  Marriage was definitely designed for our sanctification, because I believe I learned more in the five years  of my first marriage than in the eighteen years of waiting for it.

My first husband passed away after five years of marriage.  Our daughter was four at the time.  I went through two years of intense grief, as God had told me in a dream that I would before my husband got sick.  God loves to talk to us if we would only listen, doesn't He?

Then God brought back one of my best friends from years before, and we are newly married.  I love being married but I learned during the three and a half years in between, what it is like to be truly wed to Jesus.  He is my Ish.  It is the Hebrew name for husband.  And I can't wait to share the joy with you that He gives me!

Names mean a lot to God.  I laugh when I think of what my new name means because He is so much fun!  My middle name, Ranai, means "reborn" and my new last name, Gill, means "joy."  Reborn Joy!  Isn't that want God's about?  Redemption.  He has recreated my life in more ways than I could possibly tell you in one sitting.  First, He recreated my spirit by the filling of the Holy Spirit and second, by bringing Mark into my life to redeem my family.  Mark also brings a lot of laughter into our lives, which is a bonus.  My joy has truly been reborn, and that same joy is available to you as well, no matter your circumstances!

I look forward to sharing my life with you!
                                               Michelle Gill

No comments: