Monday, April 28, 2014

Precious Gems

I picked up a very disappointed 3 year old from preschool today.  It was a make up day, due to all the snow days they had.  She didn't understand why they didn't do her makeup. ~ Alicia in West Virginia

It was very windy and the electricity went off.
Greta (5), had her own version of it: " A possum crossed the road and a tree fell on it!" ~ Martha in Oregon
 
April 1st: By 8:00 a.m. Jocelynn (6) had dumped the Lego box into Si's (8) pants drawer (after dumping the contents onto the floor), and Silas had put salt into the sugar canister. I instituted a "No pranks without permission" rule. Si immediately asked me if he could put super glue on Dad's alarm clock. This is going to be a long day! ~ Beth in Ohio

My husband, Rob, often makes comments about my night owlish ways. Last night as we were on the way to the beach, Carter (3) fell asleep around 9, and I groaned saying, "I would be up with him the rest of the night."  Rob made some remark about how I stay up all night anyway, so it shouldn’t matter.  Eva (7) immediately piped in and said, “That’s because mommy is nocturnal, Daddy.”  She sighed and continued, “I wish I were nocturnal.” ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
I was heading out the other evening to do a facial. Before I left Carter (3) gave me a big hug and a kiss, and Mia (5) gave me some good advice: “Don’t get pulled over tonight, Mommy,” she said. ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
Mia (5) was upset at me the other night because I wouldn’t let her have any candy. “Well, when you are old and I have to take care of you, I won’t let you have any candy either. And I am going to eat it ALL BY MYSELF in front of you!” ~ Elizabeth in Virginia
 
Sitting in a parking lot I hear a loud hot rod pass. Karlie (10): "Wow! That is a cool car, Mom!  It has no hood and a video camera sticking out!"  Ha!  So cute!  She was embarrassed when I told her it was the motor.  I told her it was cute!  ~ Julie in Washington
 
On Sunday at church Malakai (6) was singing during worship so I leaned in closer to hear his sweet little voice sing...The Alphabet Song! ~ Danielle in Alabama

 
 

No comments: