Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Precious Gems

Ladies, thanks for your contributions, as always!  Anyone is welcome to send me precious gems for the newsletter!

Driving home on New Year's Eve after her family spent the evening with friends, Ryan Elizabeth (6) asks, "So what about the toast? I thought we were going to eat toast!" ~ Lois

Daniel (5) and I read about Gideon and the battle against the Midianites, and learned about decisiveness and how God helped Joshua and Gideon with their battle plans. He's been playing war all day! It's the Revolutionary War, he said. Then he drew different battle plans for over an hour! He's been more into drawing and even wants to write some battle plans. He said he wants to help us with our battle against Satan. ~ Rachael in Ohio
 
Tonight I gave Andrew (2) some ice cream (made from the raw milk) after supper.  He emptied his little bowl and I asked him if he wanted a little more.  He replied, "Yes, a big more!" ~ Rachael in Ohio
 
Daniel (5) just sat on Andrew's feet, and Andrew (2) exclaimed, "Oweee!  I can't breathe!" ~ Rachael in Ohio
 
Malakai (5): "I am NOT going to build my house in a volcano. It will get too hot in there!" ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
My grandson, Brayden, came home from preschool one day complaining, "My friends know how to do the limbo and I don't. It's not fair!"  After saying this on several occasions, finally his mother said, "Well, if you really want to know how, I can teach you."  As she started her demonstration, he was giving her some really funny looks.  She finally figured out that he wasn't talking about the limbo, but the Rainbow Loom!  ~ Sue Huey in Georgia
 
When my grandson, Brayden, was 3 1/2, his parents adopted his sister, Selah, as a newborn.  One day from the back of the car he speaks up and says, "Mommy, I prayed for the wrong fing."
His mommy asked, "What do you mean you prayed for the wrong thing?"
He said, "Well, I prayed and prayed for a baby brother, but God knew I needed a little sister and so that's why He gave me Selah." ~ Sue Huey in Georgia
 
What is life like with a toddler, you ask? Let me paint you a picture...During my shower this morning the door opens and in comes....
- a toy barn
- then a box of random toys
- two books
- a fishing pole, balloon (blown up), and a couple random toys
- another box of random toys.
- then....a tractor!! (big enough that he can sit on) but it won't fit so he takes it out, goes around to the other door and brings it in (with a backpack full of toys on)
- then a cart and exclaims, "There!" Then several seconds later, "Oh, wait!" And goes out and comes back in with a jug of matchbox cars and trucks. Never a dull moment! ~ Leigh Ann in Virginia
 
Boom (8): Mommy, why do all moms say they have eyes on the back of their heads?
Me: Cause we all do!
Boom: How come daddies don't say that?
Me: Cause they don't have eyes on the back of their heads.
Boom: Oh man!
LOL!!!! ~ Darlene in Thailand
 
Things said this afternoon while cleaning up:
Me: Do you know how to get those handcuffs off without the key?
Si (7): Yes. Super stretchy power.
Me: Okay. Do you know how to get those handcuffs off without the key and/or super powers? ~ Beth in Ohio

Me: Put these jammies away.
Jocy(4): But you are the one who bought me those jammies! ~ Beth in Ohio

Jocy (4), while washing her hair: Is this ear free?
Me: Do you mean "tear" free?
Jocy: No. I just got it in my ear. ~ Beth in Ohio
 
Me: "Brookie, don't eat all the bacon yet. I am not done with the pancakes. Wait until it's all done and we will eat it together."
Brookie: "I not eat it. I just lick it and put it back on plate."~ Lauren in Virginia
 
The house phone rang last night and Halle (6) went to check and see if it was her daddy calling. After she checked the number she said, "It's not Daddy's number ....it must be a farmer's marketer." Lol! (Translation: telemarketer) ~ Sarah in Georgia

No comments: