Monday, January 27, 2014

Of Puzzles and Life

by Jalisa Wenger

A little girl just five years old
She called and Mama came
To put the pieces that she held
Into her puzzle’s frame.


But when her Mama tried to help
And show her where they go
She fussed and tried to make them fit
Her way– not Mama’s– no!

"Oh, Mama, let’s do this one now"
But Mama thought it best
To lay that piece aside awhile;
It did not fit the rest.

Then as they worked together on
The puzzle piece by piece,
They found the one they’d laid aside
Now fit with perfect ease!

This little girl, she is my own
And I’m her mother dear.
While watching her, I saw myself–
It really was quite clear!

"But Lord," I whined, "I do not want
To put this piece that way.
I’d like it better over here.
Please tell me that I may!"

Or "Father, let’s do this one now"
But Father knows it’s best
To lay that piece aside awhile
Until we’ve pieced the rest.

Then one by one we fit them in
According to His choice.
I now can see just why 'twas best
To heed His gentle voice.

He saw the big scene of my life
But I saw just a part,
He knew the choices that I craved
Would draw me from His heart.

In tender love He bid me lay
The treasured piece aside
That I might learn to yield to Him
And in His will abide.

As we continue working on
Life’s puzzle side by side,
My heart is filled with gratitude
For this– my faithful Guide!

And when we stand on Heaven’s shore
And view the scene– complete–
With joyful praises on my lips,
I’ll worship at His feet!

No comments: