Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Measures of Prevention for Good Health

by Lois Breneman

Rather than getting a flu shot, I do the following to build up the immune system and keep from getting colds or the flu:


1. Barley Juice - Drinking a glass of one tablespoon powdered barley juice in pure water first thing each morning.  I used to get two terrible sinus infections every year on a regular basis before starting to drink barley juice twenty-three years ago.  It made a huge difference! 
You can find it here:
www.theaimcompanies.com

http://www.hacres.com
 
2. Little or No Sugar - Sugar is known to break down the immune system, and comes in many different forms - white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, glucose, and the list goes on.

3. Probiotics - Taking a good probiotic each day helps the immune system.  probiotics.mercola.com/probiotics.html‎

4. Green Pasture Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend - Cinnamon flavor is my favorite.  I only take about half of a teaspoon each day.  http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/CodLiverOil/

5. Vitamin D-3

This does not mean I am guaranteed not to ever get a cold, sinus infection, or the flu, but it seldom happens.  After starting barley juice, I went from getting two severe sinus infections a year (lasting six week each), to going more than seven years without even a cold.  That was proof enough for me. 





No comments: