Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Grandma Who Makes Crafts with Her Granddaughters

Ruth Ann Assaid in Virginia gave permission to share this story with all of you ladies.  Thanks so much for sharing this, Ruth Ann!

          I babysit my granddaughters one day a week when their mommy, Erin, works.  I like to do a little craft with them.  Yesterday I went over all prepared to make the fall leaves you had on your newsletter/blog.  http://www.heartfilledhome.blogspot.com/search/label/Crafts%20-%20Autumn  I was excited to be doing this craft with them.  I walked in their kitchenette where they were finishing breakfast, and there on the window were the fall leaves!  I couldn't believe it.  Their Daddy was there and he didn't know anything about it, so when Erin got home I told her that was the exact craft I was going to do with them (and we did it anyway).  She said to herself, "Now where did I get that pattern?"  I said, "I got it from Lois Breneman," and she said, "Yes that's exactly where I got mine!"  I couldn't believe it.
          Last week I made the little sock snowmen with them.  They loved them.
         
Note from Lois:  This week I made these sock snowmen with my five year old grandson, Daniel.  A fun and cute project!  The hats and scarves were made from wool that I had felted by washing in very hot water in the washing machine, and drying on high heat.  The felting allowed me to cut the tassels without any raveling.  Felted wool cuts like butter!  We used a low melt hot glue gun to add the hats, scarves, bells, buttons for eyes and the felted mouth.  A super fun project!


Then in February, 2014, my granddaughter made this one with me during a visit in her home.  She enjoyed it so much that when her next door neighbor friend visited she made one as well!


No comments: