Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Precious Gems

Again, thanks so much, ladies, for giving me your permission to include your cute kids' quotes in Heart to Heart and on the blog!  http://heartfilledhome.blogspot.com

Proud Parenting Moment - While riding in the car the other evening something came up about dinner and this is the conversation that followed:
Maverick (2): I need some lunch.
Tony: How about a snack? What snack would you like?
Maverick: Fruit Snacks
Tony: What else?
Maverick: French fries and chicken nuggets
Tony: How much do French fries and chicken nuggets cost?
Maverick: $400
Tony: I'm not gonna pay that much for French fries and chicken nuggets.
Maverick: Use a coupon.
Hahahahaha!! That's my boy! :) ~ Leigh Ann in Virginia who by the way is a Coupon Queen in this area! (Lois' words)
 
Amiya's (5) quote of the day: "Mommy, this peanut looks like a camel with one hunk." ~ Danielle in Alabama

This morning the littles were snuggling in my bed, and Natalie was kissing on Jaydn's cheeks to the point of driving Jaydn a bit crazy, so I asked her to stop.  Natalie said, "Mommy, I just love kissing on Jaydn's cheeks - they are so fluffy." ~ Sarah in Virginia
I love that Lucy (1) calls watermelon, "water Madeline".  (Madeline(5) is Lucy's big sister.) ~ Naomi in Maryland

Malakai (5): "Mommy, this tooth back here bout to fall out."
Me: "Is it loose?"
Malakai: "No, Ma-am, but I can hear him say, 'Get me outa here!' " ~ Danielle in Alabama

Amiya (5): "Mommy, I had so much fun today.  We take a nap, I close my eyes, I wake up, we have a snack..." ~ Danielle in Alabama


Amiya (5): "Malakai, maybe if you wore a helmet you wouldn't bump your head so much!"
Malakai (5): "Then I would just crack up the helmet so much." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
While washing hands this morning, Malakai (5) walks up to the automatic towel dispenser and says, "I 'bout to rip your tongue off!" ~ Danielle in Alabama

Just overheard something that made me smile:
Savannah (6): I don't know what we are going to do this afternoon since it's raining, but knowing Mom, it will be fun!"
Good to know I am a fun mom.  For today anyway. ~ Lauren in Virginia

Savannah (6): "Mom, when are we going school supply shopping?"

Me: "I don't know. Later."
Savannah: "Mom, we have a list.  And the stuff is out at Walmart.  And I need to order a backpack.  We don't have all summer, you know.  The baby is coming.  I need to be prepared for first grade." ~ Lauren in Virginia

Savannah (6)  "I know this is rather surprising since I'm usually full of misbehavior, but I got 'Camper of the Day' today!" ~ Lauren in Virginia

I love the funny things kids say.  Luke (8) thinks he is good at riding his bike because he is Dutch, and Logan (4) wants his own book of the Bible (like his brother Luke). ~ Catie in Pennsylvania 

Me: "Alright, guys ... who wants eggs for dinner?"  Little people unite to shout, "Meeeeee!"  Then Gabe (3) adds, "But I want some different eggs .. like dinosaur eggs!"   Hmmm... ~ Lauren in Virginia

Anna says she wants to go to Wendy's for lunch.  Gabriel (3) immediately says, "No! Wanna go to Peter Pan's!" ~ Haha!! Love my babies. ~Lauren in Virginia
 
Growing up in "a chicken-raising county" from the eyes of a child...
Annabelle (7): "Look Charlotte (2)!  There's the chicken truck...Ahhh!  It's empty!  Oh no!  All the chickens have been terminator-ed by the evil chicken killers...who make our chicken nuggets...well, I guess they aren't too evil." ~ Promise in Virginia

Gabe (3): "Mommy, I just can't nap because I want to lay my head on your belly!  It's like a BIIIIIG pillow!" ~ Lauren in Virginia (who is expecting her 4th child soon)

Casi (6): "Mama, some stuff gets stuck in my belly button and I have to pull it out."
Me: "I know, you should wash it in the tub.  It is what they call lint."
Casi: "Mine's usually peanut butter cracker." ~ Michelle in Virginia 

 

No comments: