Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Note to Newsletter Subscribers of All Ages

Although the Heart to Heart Newsletter often has ideas pertaining to young children, it is not a newsletter you will ever "outgrow," just because your children leave you with an empty nest.  When you see ideas for young children or teens in the newsletter, they can most likely be transferred as ideas to use with your grandchildren or to save in preparation for your own precious grandchildren.  Ladies, isn't it wonderful that we are blessed to have a second chance to have an impact on sweet little lives two generations younger than we are?

Quite a few young ladies who are unmarried or married but don't have children receive the newsletter, but tell me they enjoy saving ideas they will someday use.  And until then they are being blessed and finding lots of household tips they can use right now.

The many grandmothers and great-grandmothers who receive this newsletter just thrill my heart!  We are never too old to learn new things, are we? 


Speaking of never being too old to learn something new, just today a very dear friend who taught a Bible study to us young moms years ago for 13 or 14 years asked me if I'd teach her how to make handmade cards like I've been sending her!   She is NINETY years old!  What a privilege that will be for me!  Two other ladies from that study asked me the same thing, so we are planning a fun day around the dining room table of my friend's where we had such sweet fellowship many years ago as young moms!

No comments: