Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Precious Gems

Ladies, these are great as usual!  Thanks so much for your permission to include them in Heart to Heart!

I love the subtle hints (from my five year old): "Mommy, if you sit here longer it'll be bright blue skies outside." ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Last night Micah (7) was making me a card before bed. (It was a surprise...haha)  He asked me what my favorite color is and walked away. A bit later he came back and asked, "How old will you be turning tomorrow?"  37. "Whaaaaaaaaaaat?" How old did you think I was?  "Tweeeeeelve? thirteen?"  Love that boy! :-) ~ Elaine in Virginia 

After seeing my 5-year old make a mess of himself with chocolate popsicle ice cream, I said, "Bubba. you made a huge mess all over your outfit, face, and hands!"  He replied, "Mommy!  I am just little!  I can make messes!"  Pfff!!! Smart Alec!  Yesterday, after a disciplinary session with his daddy, he was told, "Bubba, I love you but sometimes you're a little stinker."  To which he replied, "But when I take a shower at night time before bed, I don't stink anymore!"  Mr. Smarty Pants! ~ Darlene in Thailand 

Carter (2) dropped something and it went all over the floor.  Mia (4) immediately jumped in and said, "Here, let me help you pick those up, Carter, cause that's what best friends do!" ~ Elizabeth in Virginia 

Savannah's (5)  prayer tonight:  "God, please help Mommy to stop throwing up from morning sickness.  And today she threw up before school and after I got home, and that's not real fair because they both aren't morning.  Make it stop.  And please help the baby brother to hurry up and please don't make it another sister.  Amen." ~ Lauren in Virginia

I find it impossible to resist a two-year-old who requests "Yucky Charms" for breakfast. ~ Jennifer in Virginia

No comments: