Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Educating the Wholehearted Child

by Rachael Breneman  (And I'm thrilled to have Rachael as one of my very special daughters-in-law! ~ Lois)
 
After reading this blog post by Sally Clarkson <http://www.itakejoy.com/the-inestimable-value-of-a-wise-mother/> I was reminded of why I do what I do.  Even though my days can be somewhat mundane and monotonous as a stay-at-home mom, I am so thankful for the reminder that this is an incredible ministry! 

This quote taken from Sally's post especially spoke to my heart:
"It is indeed the personal touch of a mother’s heart that creates grand civility, deep affection, care and commitment to the foundations of a family. When the invisible strings of a mother’s heart are tied to the heart of her children through loving sacrifice and nurture, the stability and foundations of a nation become secure and stable.  A mother, living well in her God-ordained role, is of great beauty and inestimable value to the future history of any generation." 
 
Wow!  I am influencing the "stability and foundations of a nation."  That is a pretty high-calling!  So I will rest in the daily-ness of motherhood, knowing I am making an inestimable difference in the shaping of two little lives to love God and follow Him wholeheartedly. 
 
I highly recommend the resources provided by Whole Heart Ministries.  I have been personally inspired and encouraged by many of the writings of the Clarkson family.  You can find their resources at www.wholeheart.org

No comments: