Sunday, December 30, 2012

Precious Gems

Ladies, as always, thanks so much for your permission to include your kids' quotes in Heart to Heart!  I love them!
 
I was helping my 14 year old son, Josh, study for his health test. I asked him to tell me what types of diseases are work related. He replied, " Staph infections!". Although "occupational diseases" was the correct answer, I thought his response was pretty clever. ~Lisa in Virginia
 
During homeschool one day we were talking about weather. I 
had seen a really neat experiment online that you can make 
rain in a glass jar, so I told the kids, "Now we're going to go 
and make it rain in the kitchen."  Joshua (3) seemed a little 
unsure about what was about to happen and asked me about 
the idea of it raining in the kitchen, but I didn't fully 
understand his concern until his older brother, Caleb (5), 
came into the kitchen with his umbrella over his head! They 
thought that rain was really going to fall from the kitchen 
ceiling! ~ Alyssa in Asia Minor

Joshua (3) loves music and loves playing the guitar he was 
given for his birthday this year. When we recently celebrated 
my husband's birthday, we told him to play "Happy Birthday" 
while we sing. We sang, but he didn't play. When we asked 
him why he didn't play he said, "My big guitar no sing Happy 
Birthday. My big guitar sing Hallelujah."  Apparently his 
guitar only knows how to play songs with the word Hallelujah 
in them! ~ Alyssa in Asia Minor

Overheard at my house as we're packing for our week at Marmie's house:
Michaela (8): "What are we gonna do about Allie (Marmie's dog) while we're there?"
Mom: "What do you mean?"
Michaela: "Allie barks all the time, and barking dog means crying baby. Crying baby means miserable mother. Miserable mother means miserable children. Miserable children mean miserable grandmother. Miserable grandmother means no cooking. No cooking means no food. No food means we starve to death. Starve to death means we die!"
So basically, we're going to die this week, all because of a dog. Oh, the drama! ~ Jennifer in Virginia
 
A four year old overheard at my house: "Mom, on the bus today Charlie said, 'I love you, Savannah.' I did not say it back. I just love God and my Daddy."  Lauren in Virginia
 
One of our spelling words today was "kisses" (learning about making a word plural with s or es). So as I was calling out the words we got to kisses and as soon as I said it, Jadyn (1) toddled over and gave me a big smooch! Who says a one year old can't spell :)  ~ Sarah in Virginia
 
The kids, Malakai and Amiya (4 year old twins) told me they learned about the Mayflower & penguins (pilgrims). In other news, apparently we have a dinosaur that's sneaking in to do all the things the kids "didn't do" (making a mess etc.) ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Tonight I asked Livy (2), "What does 'family' mean?  I really wasn't expecting a logical answer, but her response was priceless.  She thought for a minute, then said carefully, pausing after each name, "Sophie. Mama. Livy. Tata!"  Love our little family! :) ~ Lori in Virginia
When voting yesterday, Anna (5) looked up and asked in a very concerned voice, "You mean daddy won't be our leader anymore?!" ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
Overheard at my house:
Savannah (5): "I'm sorry I had to be a car rider after you worked all night.  This is all Mom's fault."
Daddy: "Mom didn't mean to.  She just overslept.  Everybody does that sometimes."
Savannah: "Not me.  I never oversleep."
Daddy: "You should try it sometime." ~ Lauren in Virginia

Today I am thankful for my sweet 2-year old.  This morning Ondra (husband) let me sleep in after several rough nights with a teething baby.  Very concerned that I wasn't up as usual, Livy climbed into bed with me and said, "Did you sleep good, Mama?  Are you sick?  Poor Mama.  I give you squeezes!"  She proceeded to hug me tight, then said, "Thank you!" and scampered off.  Oh how I do love this child! ~ Lori in Virginia

Sometimes the things my kids (both 4 - twins) say make me so nervous.  They just told me to drive slower (it's rush hour) or I would hit two trucks, a tree, then go into the water and that would make Jesus soooo sad! ~ Danielle in Alabama
 
Funny story as mama is about to deliver soon:  Wyatt (7) asked Morgan (9), "Where's Levi (6)?  And Naomi (10) answered, "Mama ate him!  Look at her belly!!"  Everyone's a comedian. ~ Rachael in Virginia
 
A few weeks ago, on a Sunday morning, I walked into the living after getting ready for church and Ben (4) says, “Mommy, why do you have those legs.” I replied, “Uhm, they are just my legs.” Ben: “But they are brown!!”
"Oh you mean why am I wearing nylons (panty hose, stockings, tights……whatever you want to call these things)……..because it’s winter and cold!!"  Guess it’s been a while since I’ve covered up my (apparently very white) legs!!  And just for the record they actually were black nylons!! And super funny, both Ben and Jadyn (1) randomly rubbed my legs all day long!! ~ Sarah in Virginia 
 
Overheard at my house:
Savannah (5): Does grandad want to help decorate the tree?
Mimi: He doesn't really enjoy decorating the tree.
Savannah: Oh dear. Why did God make him that way?! ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
 It's "Show and Tell" day at school.  Austin's (4) take is that, "If they're a girl, they will bring princesses...I'm serious.  And I do not like princesses.  So I will bring turkey feet.  The girls will not like that."  And that's what he did.  Can't wait to hear about how well that goes over. ~ Emily in Virginia

Amazing wisdom from five year old Savannah: "Mom, that man that shot those kids...I think maybe he was confused.  You know, Satan is a liar and maybe he believed him...and that made him make some bad choices." ~ Lauren in Virginia
 
Daniel (4) called me on the phone to say, "Thanks, Grammie, for sending me the Bandaids for my stuffed animals."  I did remember that he didn't play with stuffed animals very much, but he loved them and right away put the felt Bandaids on his sock monkey who has several holes.  They stick with Velcro.  He also told his mom, "I think I need to make friends with some more stuffed animals!"  He said to be sure I bring my sewing machine when I visit, so I can fix his sock monkey. :) ~ Lois
 
Last night our son, Jeff, took his two boys, Daniel (4) and Andrew (19 mo.), out to the back yard to eat their dinner by the campfire. The boys both so enjoy sitting by the campfire with their daddy.  Out of the blue Andrew raised both of his hands to the sky and said with a huge smile, "Haaappppy!!!" ~ Lois
 

No comments: