Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Verse Search

This is a great idea from Nina Graff in Wisconsin!  And you don't even need a the Internet for this search, although that would work too!

I have my grandkids search the Bible for their 'birthday verse.'  We go through each book, and look up the reference that matches their month/day, until we find one that is a fun one to learn, or has a special meaning for them.

Example: For a birthday on October 18, we would start in Genesis, and look up 10:18, then move to Exodus, etc....It's a fun thing to do with them, and creates some interesting conversation (and a few laughs).

Note from Lois: I love this idea!!  My birthday verse is Philippians 3:10. "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death."   I think it would be a spectacular idea to find a scripture verse to add to birthday cards that we send to family and friends!

No comments: